DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Pathfinder 2e Divine Lance and Chill Touch

I have been smacking my head into some of the spell in Pathfinder 2e. Divine Lance and Chill Touch being my current brick walls.

They should do damage (Chill Touch 1d4+casting mod, type negative energy) (Divine Lance 1d4+casting mod, type alignment chosen from your god). I just can not get it do give me the blood drop for doing damage with these spells.

I am guessing that this is a parsing issue, but I just can not get around it. Anyone tried these two spells and found a work around?

Sorry for the error in posting to the Unity forums, Trenloe. I keep reading through them and did not notice I will still in that forum when I posted.

WLP

Yeah, neither of these spells had thier damaged added for some reason

Right Click on the spell and choose the arrow button (add spell action), after that choose the Damage Option (Blood Drop)

WHen you are back the the Spell details you will have Blood Drop Damage option now. But it is blank
    to add detail to it Click on the Magnifying Glass to the right of the Damage description and fill in the details

Sometimes a spell may have different damage options, just add another damage with the other options and the player can then select which one they want to use
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

FG does indeed try to parse out the various actions from the spell description. The Core Rules DLC doesn't have any actions built into the spell record.

As Willot mentions - if FG doesn't parse the spell actions correctly then you can manually add or modify them.

For Divine Lance FG recognises that it's a ranged spell attack, but the wording of the spell is very non-standard - and requires the caster to choose an alignment for the spell damage type. So it's actually pretty impossible to parse out 100% correctly anyway.

Chill touch is also a pretty complex spell, with multiple possibilities.

Over time I will look to refine the parsing of spell actions. However, due to there not being any standard wording across the spell descriptions, this will never be an accurate process and attempting to code for some spell wording could make other spells not parse correctly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the help guys, it's working a lot better. I just did not know about the spell action. I have always know the spell parser has problems with some spells, and honestly I am impressed at how well it dose.

I now have them both doing the 1d4+CHA bonus intended, but is there a way to add the casting stat to the damage rather than a fixed (in this case CHA) stat to the damage?

WLP

I assume you simply entered your CHA number to the stat?

One of the fields (Stat) with a - can be changed by continuously clicking on it until it says CHA
    Is this what you mean?

I have always assumed Spellcasting Modifier is simply the ability modifier that you class uses for spell casting
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I did find that I could enter CHA and get it to respond that way. What I was trying to find is a way to get the spell to use the casting stat defined in the Spell class that the player added the spell to.

As the spell can be used by a verity of different spell casters, sometimes that stat is going to be INT, sometimes CHA, other times WIS. If there were a way to point to the casting stat defined in the Spell Class the player had put the spell into it would remove one more level of manual input required.

WLP

Quote Originally Posted by will9k View Post
    If there were a way to point to the casting stat defined in the Spell Class the player had put the spell into it would remove one more level of manual input required.
    Even if this was done, there'd still be manual input required as some spells don't add the casting stat to damage - so you'll have to click the cycler to select/remove it anyway.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK, that means I can stop looking for it.

Thanks for the help guys. These forums are one of the most responsive I have ever seen.

WLP

I also highly recommend checking out ShadeRaven's drag-and-drop spells module; he's added automation for... at this point I think every spell up to 5th level?

I will have a look at that tonight. Do you happen to know if it works with Unity?

WLP

Thread Information