FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    MoreCore seems a bit too advanced for me at the moment but liked the overview of some of the videos I have seen so far. A poop ton of extra function-ability and customization.

There are two small press RPGs which aren't on a standard system mechanic that would only have a niche market. Good games but small pressing that might like a community made FG rule set done, but that's for some time in the future. I'm a Facebook friend of one of the publishers so would be able to coordinate with her on how she would want things done.

Got the flavor text for the races for my SW setting done. Get that plugged in tomorrow morning, on Sunday start with some of the edits/mods for Edges/Hindrances, Mutations and the like. Will need a few of those plugged into before attempting to edit the character sheet and nuts and bolts of the setting (so it can be tested in FG).

Also tomorrow hopefully be able to steal this hard drive (built a system to replace an ancient Pentium 4 system a friend of mine was using). His daughter and her b/f play 5E, want to gift them 2 dual core systems so they can check out Fantasy Grounds. Hooks them up and gets rid of some of the clutter in my place so it's a win win.

Blog Entries

Ok

One more thing kicked into place, my eyes are open. Was scratching my head about the ruleset needing to be unzipped and things are falling into place. I know the one video I was watching from The Digital Dungeon Master was saying he removed a bunch of stuff when he was setting up his Hell Frost stuff. The light bulb going off over my head was enough to make some of the cats wake up.

Oh yeah!

I recommend you not to edit the unzipped ruleset itself, instead create extension that provides your customizations for the ruleset. If you edit the ruleset directly, you will have bad times when new ruleset updates are available.

Here are few sample extensions I have made:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ous-extensions

There is at least one extension (Realms of Cthulhu) that adds new derived stat to charsheet. In essence doing that requires one line of lua code. SavageWorlds ruleset is very customizable, many Lua APIs are provided within the ruleset to allow easy customization.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information