5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    FG is not running on any computers and hasn't been. I appreciate everyone's help on this.

Blog Entries
    Hi Bwoerth it does sound like your router has glitched.
    Do you know all your router settings?
    If so you might try one or both of:
    upgrade firmware on router
    factory reset router and set it back up again

I am getting pretty frustrated with this. I also realized that once I get this port thing figured out, I need to reserve and assign an ip address for my laptop. It seems to change based on what devices are connected when I turn it on. I am sure all this stuff seems easy for some people, but there has got to be an easier way of doing things. Does the new version coming out soon use this same port setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwoerth View Post
    I am getting pretty frustrated with this. I also realized that once I get this port thing figured out, I need to reserve and assign an ip address for my laptop. It seems to change based on what devices are connected when I turn it on. I am sure all this stuff seems easy for some people, but there has got to be an easier way of doing things. Does the new version coming out soon use this same port setup?
    Unity has several possible connection methods available; one of which is to port forward as now. However it also allows for connection without having to Port Forward.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwoerth View Post
    Many people dont have to do any setup - UPnP does it all for them.
    Right now, unfortunately for you, your router is not working properly and you need to fix the router.

What I would generally do once I have it setup is go into LAN configuration and DHCP (exactly where caries greatly from router to router) and give my GM computer a DHCP StatiC reservation (or whatever it is called on your router) and then port forward to that IP. Its all done thru the GUI generally - it is unfamiliar because you have never done it before but it is pretty straight forward.

I got the port forwarding to work. I have setup a reservation. Now I just have to figure out how to get my laptop to always grab that IP address.

If, as you say, you've set up a reservation then your laptop will always be allocated that internal IP address.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for everything. I have success with the run test on the laptop. Now I will move on to test a player joining.

Blog Entries
    Well done Bwoerth

Basically DHCP happens like this:

A device connects to the network and sends a broadcast request for a DHCP server
    A DHCP server replies and offers the device an IP address
    The device then sends back a request for that IP address
    The DHCP server sends back an acknowledgement that this is all good and its done

So when you configure the DHCP server to always assign a specific address to a specific device you dont have to do anything on the device.

Thread Information