DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Post deleted and clarified in the two posts below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by punisher5150; January 18th, 2020 at 01:03. Reason: Post clarified in the two posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    Just as a follow-up, I tested the dice rolling again today and was unable to get the error to occur, it looks like whatever was behind that problem has been handled in a FGU update.
    When adding setback or boost die to the die pool, I am getting the following error:

[1/17/2020 4:57:26 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "classes/desktop/diebox.lua"]:236: attempt to concatenate local 'type' (a nil value)

The entire script follows, but I believe the notices are just information and don't mean something is broken (correct me if I am wrong). The errors however are a different matter. TThe error occurs each time a setback or boost is added. In the case of the script below, I added two setback and two boost.
    [1/17/2020 4:57:24 PM] [NOTICE] s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = sendplayerdicepool'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:24 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: handleSendPlayerDicepool. msguser = , msgidentity = GM'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:24 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: handleSendPlayerDicepool. msguser = , msgidentity = GM'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:24 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: sendPlayerDicepool. Dieliststring = dChallenge,dChallenge,dDifficulty,dProficiency,dPr oficiency,dAbility'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:24 PM] [NOTICE] s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = sendplayerdicepool'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:26 PM] [NOTICE] s'Campaign Option interface_cleardicepoolondrag set'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:26 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: sendPlayerDicepool. Dieliststring = dChallenge,dChallenge,dDifficulty,dProficiency,dPr oficiency,dAbility,dBoost'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:26 PM] [NOTICE] s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = sendplayerdicepool'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:26 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "classes/desktop/diebox.lua"]:236: attempt to concatenate local 'type' (a nil value)
    [1/17/2020 4:57:26 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: handleSendPlayerDicepool. msguser = , msgidentity = GM'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:29 PM] [NOTICE] s'Campaign Option interface_cleardicepoolondrag set'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:29 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: sendPlayerDicepool. Dieliststring = dChallenge,dChallenge,dDifficulty,dProficiency,dPr oficiency,dAbility,dBoost,dBoost'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:29 PM] [NOTICE] s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = sendplayerdicepool'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:29 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "classes/desktop/diebox.lua"]:236: attempt to concatenate local 'type' (a nil value)
    [1/17/2020 4:57:29 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: handleSendPlayerDicepool. msguser = , msgidentity = GM'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:31 PM] [NOTICE] s'Campaign Option interface_cleardicepoolondrag set'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:31 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: sendPlayerDicepool. Dieliststring = dChallenge,dChallenge,dDifficulty,dProficiency,dPr oficiency,dAbility,dBoost,dBoost,dSetback'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:31 PM] [NOTICE] s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = sendplayerdicepool'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:31 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "classes/desktop/diebox.lua"]:236: attempt to concatenate local 'type' (a nil value)
    [1/17/2020 4:57:31 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: handleSendPlayerDicepool. msguser = , msgidentity = GM'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:32 PM] [NOTICE] s'Campaign Option interface_cleardicepoolondrag set'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:32 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: sendPlayerDicepool. Dieliststring = dChallenge,dChallenge,dDifficulty,dProficiency,dPr oficiency,dAbility,dBoost,dBoost,dSetback,dSetback '
    [1/17/2020 4:57:32 PM] [NOTICE] s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = sendplayerdicepool'
    [1/17/2020 4:57:32 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "classes/desktop/diebox.lua"]:236: attempt to concatenate local 'type' (a nil value)
    [1/17/2020 4:57:32 PM] [NOTICE] s'dieboxmanager.lua: handleSendPlayerDicepool. msguser = , msgidentity = GM'

Also, some die rolls result in the images in the chat window having numbers overlaying the die symbols. More of a nuisance, but still a visible error. See attached image:

Die results.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    Also, some die rolls result in the images in the chat window having numbers overlaying the die symbols. More of a nuisance, but still a visible error. See attached image:

Die results.PNG
    Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...accepts-period
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rk-in-progress

Johniba is developing a genesys ruleset based on corerpg which might be a better way to get Star Wars over time FGU than reworking our current ruleset. Based on the thread above it seems like he’s got dice issues etc worked out. Do you think it’s worth waiting? Or maybe combine efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Use the same character codes as the FGF FG Classic fonts so that data will be compatible between the two version.
    Trenloe, does that mean that Noto Sans was the base font used for the ruleset? Additionally which font name would be the one that needs the fonts edited for the die symbols? Is it <font name="sheettext"> or am I way off in understanding the base.xml for fonts?
    Last edited by punisher5150; January 21st, 2020 at 01:07.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Use the same character codes as the FGF FG Classic fonts so that data will be compatible between the two version.
    Just as an FYI ALT codes don't work in Unity.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    Trenloe, does that mean that Noto Sans was the base font used for the ruleset? Addiitonally which font name would be the one that needs the fonts edited for the die symbols? Is it <font name="sheettext"> or am I way off in understanding the base.xml for fonts?
    I don't know what the original font style used to create the FG fonts was.

The only font that has the SW symbols in is regular.fgf
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just remember not to change any of the codes in the default text fonts (only change fonts used for die results), or you will have problems with themes.

Regards,
    JPG

I understand where MW is coming from, and he's trying to avoid issues in the future where people might want to create themes with different fonts.

For games like Star Wars:Edge of the Empire, the dice symbols are part of so much of the rules text that it's difficult to not have them in general fonts used in certain fields of the ruleset. Without these the text really looks crappy (IMO) as there has to be normal text substitutes used. I know it's just ascetics, but it's really a key part of the flavour and feel of the ruleset. Sure, it will have issues if people want to use different fonts in themes and they don't adapt the fonts to include the symbols (whether they're not aware, don't know how, or don't want to). People make themes to adjust the look and feel of the FG interface. For games like this, with custom dice symbols, these symbols are very much part of the look and feel - and, IMO, add so much to immersion in the specific ruleset being played.

Thread Information