FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thanks all, we finally got this working correctly!

We can now make both custom skills and custom items that use those skills, and have them link up correctly on the character sheet. The key was knowing that you have to drag-and-drop both skills and items, and edit those copies.

That said, I'm not sure how we were supposed to know how to do this? The drag-and-drop mechanism is not exactly intuitive, and there isn't anything obvious saying that you need to do that to get this stuff working. It sounds like a lot of you just know this from the MgT1 ruleset... but there doesn't seem to be any documentation for the MgT2 ruleset... so that's why I've been asking so many questions (and was so frustrated).

It seems to me that for the price we paid, there SHOULD be some kind of documentation... even if its just a copy that comes with the MgT1 ruleset. Or, maybe we should have a sticky post at the top of this forum, where the developer and users can document these kinds of tricks. I think it would be good to make it so the next newbie doesn't have to go through what we did.

Anyway, thanks again for the assist. All's well that ends well.

Actually the drag and drop is a Fantasy Grounds thing it isn't actually exclusive to Traveller. DLC content is locked to prevent accidentally nuking templates that are hard to fix. So the default for Fantasy Grounds is clone an item in order to make changes while preserving the default template.

Indeed, drag and drop to make a copy is not exclusive to any ruleset. See the user manual or the Wiki for general FG useage.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by antoneagle View Post
    It seems to me that for the price we paid, there SHOULD be some kind of documentation... even if its just a copy that comes with the MgT1 ruleset. Or, maybe we should have a sticky post at the top of this forum, where the developer and users can document these kinds of tricks. I think it would be good to make it so the next newbie doesn't have to go through what we did.
    Did you read the FG User Manual?

Last edited by Andraax; January 2nd, 2020 at 01:05.

As stated above by Adraax, there is a Manual of FG (I also didn't read it, just browsed it). In the ruleset you've also got everything about MGT. And if you still got special questions left about how FG handles things, there is a sh*tload of Youtube videos you can consult.

Everything else, wants and worries, bugs and features are covered here

have fun!

Thread Information