DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

When adding custom items... what are the data fields???

When you add a custom item, a window pops up with many data fields... some are obvious... some are not. In order, from top to bottom... we have...

<an unlabeled blank field that is presumably the name>
    Type
    Sub Type
    Non-ID Name
    Notes (obvious)
    TL (obvious)
    Cost (obvious)
    Kg (obvious)
    Type
    Skill (obvious)

Please fully and completely describe what each of the not obvious fields are (documentation which should already exist)... especially the two fields named "Type" and the one called Sub Type.

Thanks.

It is more likely that you will get a response from MadBeardMan posting in the MGT2 v1.1.0 thread so that he gets a notification of your posting than to create a new one that he may or may not see. He's got a lot of projects and a finite amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by antoneagle View Post
    When you add a custom item, a window pops up with many data fields... some are obvious... some are not. In order, from top to bottom... we have...

<an unlabeled blank field that is presumably the name>
    Type
    Sub Type
    Non-ID Name
    Notes (obvious)
    TL (obvious)
    Cost (obvious)
    Kg (obvious)
    Type
    Skill (obvious)

Please fully and completely describe what each of the not obvious fields are (documentation which should already exist)... especially the two fields named "Type" and the one called Sub Type.

Thanks.
    Hi Antoneagle,

I'll do this for you a bit later today, however you can do it yourself easily enough. Add an item to a character, then save the session (or quit FG) look into the campaign folder for the DB.XML and open it up, you'll find the item fields for that class of item saved away.

Please explain what you mean by 'documentation which should already exist'.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

You know, you can look at some existing items to see what those fields are.

Andrax... no... you can't. Those field labels don't exist after the item is created.

So, again, it's not clear what all these data fields are. And again, I acknowledge that some of these are obvious. But, some are not. Someone, please clarify exactly what these fields are?

Andrax... no... you can't. Those field labels don't exist after the item is created.

So, again, it's not clear what all these data fields are. And again, I acknowledge that some of these are obvious. But, some are not. Someone, please clarify exactly what these fields are?
    Sure they do. Just unlock the item (if it's item from the book module, make a copy first, then you can unlock it.)

Ah... your screen shot might explain why we are disagreeing. It looks like you're running the MgT1 ruleset. I'm running the MgT2 ruleset. In the MgT2 ruleset, there is no lock/unlock icon... so again, I can't see these fields. See attached screen shot...

Untitled.png

Also, I would add, and have mentioned elsewhere, that we DO need the capability to edit the stock items, skills, etc. There should be nothing in the ruleset that is locked out.
    Last edited by antoneagle; December 29th, 2019 at 17:39.

Ah... your screen shot might explain why we are disagreeing. It looks like you're running the MgT1 ruleset. I'm running the MgT2 ruleset. In the MgT2 ruleset, there is no lock/unlock icon... so again, I can't see these fields. See attached screen shot...

Untitled.png

Also, I would add, and have mentioned elsewhere, that we DO need the capability to edit the stock items, skills, etc. There should be nothing in the ruleset that is locked out.
    Did you make a copy of the item using drag and drop first, then try to unlock the copy?

Untitled.png

The original items are locked and cannot be edited. The reason for this is to ensure that the baseline item is always unchanged and available. It makes sense to ensure that you don't lose the ability to backtrack and start over again if you need to.

That said, you can click the item in the items menu, say advance combat rifle and just drag it down a space and it will create a unlockable clone of the item that can then be edited as you desire.

Then you can create a sub-group (like Local Game) and drag your customized items into the new sub-group.

Tell your players to only use items from that sub-group and to ignore the MGT2 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Tell your players to only use items from that sub-group and to ignore the MGT2 stuff.
    Or, export them as a module, and give your players access to that module, but not the original items. Also, making a module with your custom items means that you can use those items in multiple campaigns without having to make the changes in each campaign.

Thread Information