STAR TREK 2d20

Character creation assistance: weapon proficiencies

Hi folks,

My first time here, brand new user, so the bad news is I'm really not smart on Fantasy Grounds yet, but hopefully can learn. Am pretty familiar with the pen/paper 2e rules (though I'd be embarrassed to tell you how long it's been since I've played...), just trying to learn how to put them into practice with the FG software.

So, diving in after a few videos, I began creating some characters. First issue that came up was I always preferred to use the broad weapon proficiencies from the complete fighter's handbook (broad and tight weapon groups), but I can't figure out how to implement this in game. I don't see a way to add a proficiency group. I suppose I could add it manually by individually adding the weapons in the group if one is taken, but was wondering if there was a simpler way to do it.

Also, while I'm here, I can see how to add spells to a character, but is there a way to create a spellbook? I didn't see any mechanisms for this, and wondered if it was in there somewhere...

With the complexity of the system, I'm sure I'll have many more questions, so hope you guys are patient with the new kid!

Blog Entries
    welcome jefrreyac

so make sure you read this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...E-Ruleset-Tips

I dont have the answers to your main question but hopefully someone will come along soon.

For spell book - switch to preparation mode and drag all known spells in. That is your spell book.

jeffreyac Its a manually enter item. I just drag and drop a weapon in the skills tab and then go to combat tab open the weapon and click on prof then use the dropdown box.

Thread Information