DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Cannot remove/reduce prepared spell quantity

I am using the D&D Classic (2e) ruleset and have bought the full bundle so all of the books and several modules are loaded. For both Characters and NPCs, I can increase the number prepared next to a spell (right arrow), but cannot decrease the number. Casting the spell does not decrease the number either, nor can I type a 0 into the field. The only way to reset is to delete the spell from the character sheet and add it again.

I've watched the tutorial videos on this thinking I must be missing something obvious, like having to take a rest of something, but it looks like I should be able to toggle the numbers up and down when in Preparation mode. I thought perhaps something was broken on my installation, but my players connecting to me complain of the same thing. So now I'm really stumped. Please help!

Blog Entries
    Welcome LordMango

I just loaded up a clean campaign and I was able to increase up to the maximum and then decrease again.
    Can you confirm what versions of CoreRPG and 2E show in the cat window?
    Do you have any extensions loaded?

The only extensions I had loaded were desktop decals, which I unloaded when I discovered the problem and it isn't helping.

2e v2019.12.09
    CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.9

I just confirmed that when I loaded a brand new campaign, it works. So that suggests something is corrupt in my campaign. I can't bear to lose all of the weeks of work I have put into building this out, so I'm wondering if there is a way to clean it up

What "Mode" are you in at the bottom of the Actions tab? Change to "Preparation" - does that make a difference? If you're already on "Preparation" cycle through the options this and see if that changes anything.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The problem appears in Preparation Mode. I can increase, but not decrease, the number next to the spell name. Cycling through the modes doesn't help. But I loaded a new campaign and it works fine in the new campaign. So that tells me something is wrong with my existing campaign. I've removed all extensions and unloaded all modules except the core books. I don't know what else to do.

Is there a way to create a new campaign and import all of the characters, NPCs and custom spells and classes I've created in this campaign?

Please post a screenshot of the PC actions tab showing the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I don't know how to post screenshots here, so here is a URL

https://imgur.com/a/NtBkbo1

As I am taking this screenshot, I am trying to click on the left arrow next to the Bless spell to reduce it from 2 to 1. It won't take. I can increase from 2 to 3, and keep going, but I can't reduce. This happens for all characters, regardless of class, as well as pre-built NPCs I try to load. Clicking on "Cast" when in Combat mode also does not reduce the number memorized.

This will more than likely be a data issue in the PC record itself - not in the campaign. So creating a new campaign and importing the characters probably won't help.

Can you export the PC XML (from the character selection screen) and post here. To access the attach files button, click the "Go Advanced" button under the edit window,

Wow. I'm a bit of a computer geek, and I feel like I'm getting stumped on the simple things. I can't find an attachment button (Google Chrome).

https://imgur.com/a/kKi6b6V

Thread Information