DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

db.session files very big??

I am including an image of some files that are huge: like >>> db.session.1568523600.xml

Untitled.jpg

Is this normal?

Thanks

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

I don’t know but my biggest campaign the files are about one twentieth of the size of those, so I’m guessing that is abnormal.

Didn’t you also note your campaign files are in the Gigabyte range? I think you may need to dial it back somewhat.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

db.session files are backups of your campaign database taken at regular intervals - they are not loaded by FG. They are a copy of the db.xml file - the campaign database, if this is large then your db.session files will mirror that size.

88MB is pretty large - considering that is entirely text in a XML file, no image files. How many purely campaign based story entries, items, spells, characters, NPCs, etc. do you have? Maybe you should consider "archiving" some of these off into a module that you can load only when you need the data.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    db.session files are backups of your campaign database taken at regular intervals - they are not loaded by FG. They are a copy of the db.xml file - the campaign database, if this is large then your db.session files will mirror that size.

88MB is pretty large - considering that is entirely text in a XML file, no image files. How many purely campaign based story entries, items, spells, characters, NPCs, etc. do you have? Maybe you should consider "archiving" some of these off into a module that you can load only when you need the data.
    The Image folder is 442 mb

The major portion of the files are the db.beckup and db session files.

I think 4-5 years worth in one campaign. I am afraid if I start exporting stuff thing may crash.
    Last edited by dellanx; December 20th, 2019 at 02:15.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    I am afraid if I start exporting stuff thing may crash.
    Make a backup of your whole campaign directory and then try "pruning" against a copy of the data. Then if things go wrong you can always go back to your base campaign directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Start by making a backup copy of your campaign folder. Then go in and delete all your db.session db.backup files. See where that leaves you. Then you can start moving stuff out into modules.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I see, how does one select which part goes into which module?

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    I see, how does one select which part goes into which module?
    See the "Exported data" bullet point here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Module_Export

Blog Entries
    You can do it as Trenloe lists, by choosing what you export. You can also do it two other ways. All have pros and cons.

1) By duplicating the entire campaign, giving it a new name, then going in and deleting everything you don't want in that module. Do that over and over again until you have your various modules.
    2) By exporting your entire campaign into a module, then create a new campaign and open your original campaign module. Copy everything you want into the new campaign. Close the original campaign module and export what is left into a new module.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I backed up data folder and delete all your db.session db.backup files. FGC loaded. I have three Modules "1.0 Anlira" and "Varisia" currently loaded. The size of that folder is now 677 mb. FGC loaded fine.

Do I try to unload these? I think I need them to operate this campaign, since "1.0 Anlira" came from a 3.5 campaign. "Varisia" I created in PFRPG campaign. On previous occasions when I tried to export the rest of the campaign, it was a total crash. I also have a module called "Transfer" which is small, but it does not load.

Thank You!

Thread Information