FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Kult Ruleset

Right now all the characters are on paper so your sheet would be a happy advance but we're already ready. If it's useable would love to give it a spin.

I'm aware of the complexity and work that goes into FG sheets and rulesets which is why I haven't been able to motivate my lazy *** to make one. Glad you are less lazy than me cause it would be great to have an solid sheet and whatever else you're in the mood to add. .

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Right now all the characters are on paper so your sheet would be a happy advance but we're already ready. If it's useable would love to give it a spin.
    I'm aware of the complexity and work that goes into FG sheets and rulesets which is why I haven't been able to motivate my lazy *** to make one. Glad you are less lazy than me cause it would be great to have an solid sheet and whatever else you're in the mood to add. .
    Well, funny thing happened: I bought a computer game for $5 on the Steam sale. It was a short little indie contest entry. It took me 7 hours to beat. Perfect. ...and so I thought "Hey, the sequel costs $5 too! I can play another 7 hours.".
    32 play hours later I'm almost nearing something resembling an end of a massive Final Fantasy 7 clone (and I hated FF7 for its length).
    ...but hopefully I'll get back to work soon.

Work has resumed. Only the attributes remain to be done on the first page.
    I figured that since FG people seem to like frames a lot, that I'd use some pieces of flesh as placeholders for the attributes. If the color is too distracting, I can make it black and white. It's an attempt to not print any original artwork. My Tree of Life will instead have little Hellraiser hooks stringing the pieces of attribute-flesh together later on. (I've drawn them, but placing them requires a lot of precision work.)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    its coming along nicely.
    have you started on making the rolls work yet?
    I figure that the rolls will be implemented last. First of all players are going to need to put their stats and information somewhere, and they can already roll 2D10 if they just keep track of the results.
    Also, I was hoping that you'd somehow be able to export your Kult dice system to Core RPG, or tell me how to do it, since I wouldn't even know where to begin for that. Do you have a specific extension for that, or is it baked into the entire MoreCore ruleset somewhere?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MooCow View Post
    I figure that the rolls will be implemented last. First of all players are going to need to put their stats and information somewhere, and they can already roll 2D10 if they just keep track of the results.
    Also, I was hoping that you'd somehow be able to export your Kult dice system to Core RPG, or tell me how to do it, since I wouldn't even know where to begin for that. Do you have a specific extension for that, or is it baked into the entire MoreCore ruleset somewhere?
    unfortunately MoreCore rolls are integrated into several different files.
    they are done that way to make it easier to add new rolls into MoreCore but it doesnt make them very friendly for dropping straight into another ruleset.
    however - you are welcome to borrow any code from the roll and use it when you get there
    some of the code is cut and pasteable but you need to call the roll differently but there are plenty of examples of those in all the core rulesets.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    unfortunately MoreCore rolls are integrated into several different files.
    they are done that way to make it easier to add new rolls into MoreCore but it doesnt make them very friendly for dropping straight into another ruleset.
    however - you are welcome to borrow any code from the roll and use it when you get there
    some of the code is cut and pasteable but you need to call the roll differently but there are plenty of examples of those in all the core rulesets.
    I figured that I'd ask you at least which files in advance, so that I could just refer back to your post when the time comes.
    See, you seem to underestimate the knowledge that you have: Sifting through the entire MoreCore ruleset for your little alterations, will no doubt be an extremely gruelling task to me, since I don't expect your code to be marked "<!-- damned's Kult roll code here -->".
    ...but I'm asking you now, so that there's no rush. I won't get around to rolling rules until at least after 1-2 weeks.
    (I actually already made a crude Kult roll using a simple non-scripted table, but with that, you'd have to add bonus/malus manually.)

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Okay, esmdev: This is the backside of the sheet in its current state. Wounds and Stability is the only things left, but those will be very complicated matters. In its current state you can write in these fields, but wounds won't have much space to write in.
    ...so the question now becomes: Can you manage with this sheet for now (as a first beta draft)? ...or do you need the check boxes and the bonus/malus calculations as well? If you can manage with just this, then I can "finish" the sheet in just a few days, but if you need more, then it can take maybe two weeks, and the risk of me giving up from exhaustion/boredom half-way.

The sheet doesn't currently have any automated 2d10 rolls, but that can be managed with a simple success/failure table and adding modifications manually.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MooCow View Post
    Okay, esmdev: This is the backside of the sheet in its current state. Wounds and Stability is the only things left, but those will be very complicated matters. In its current state you can write in these fields, but wounds won't have much space to write in.
    ...so the question now becomes: Can you manage with this sheet for now (as a first beta draft)? ...or do you need the check boxes and the bonus/malus calculations as well? If you can manage with just this, then I can "finish" the sheet in just a few days, but if you need more, then it can take maybe two weeks, and the risk of me giving up from exhaustion/boredom half-way.

The sheet doesn't currently have any automated 2d10 rolls, but that can be managed with a simple success/failure table and adding modifications manually.
    Really anything is better than nothing. Won't need it for another month but will use, thanks!

Okay, with this latest version, I say I'm done with the beta. Wounds/Stability are still incomplete, but all the other changes that I've wanted, has been made. What's left is the exporting to a separate layer, which will take a few days.

Some instructions:
    The lines will only appear when you click to enter things in a field. They will remain until you exit that field. You may not know this, but exiting is done by pressing Esc.
    There is also a resize button, that will expand all the edge fields.
    I don't know how to get rid of the scrollbar for Appearance. The frame is just too narrow.
    I don't think that I can include a success/failure table with the sheet, but you can easily make such a basic table yourself.
    Modifications to these rolls are made by simply dragging the relevant attribute over to the modification box. Hopefully you know how to additionally modify that value with any wounds/stability maluses.
    I've not included attribute undertitles, like "Keep it Together", since they could be considered to be too specific to be free use, so you should make a list of which rolls relate to which attributes.

I'm planning to contact copyright holder Helmgast later, in order to try to get some permissions either granted or clarified. With any luck, I'll be able to use the original sheets as a background, with the original art and logotype. We'll see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information