STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Kult Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Ah, didn't know about the changes, haven't really read the new system. Haven't used Kult since the last century.
    I should pick up the new rules for comparison.
    I've provided download links for the character sheets above, so that you can see for yourself.

I'm also attaching a screenshot of how far I've gotten here.

I've tried to stay true to the format, but making a character sheet in CoreRPG is fairly complicated. I have barely any idea what I'm doing. I'm going to try to export my mess to a "layered ruleset" tomorrow, and hope that somebody who knows this XML stuff picks it up. (Hi there, Damned.)

I'd strongly recommend that if you go the CoreRPG route (rather than using MoreCore or similar) that you layer your ruleset on top of CoreRPG - layering is similar to an extension, but creates a ruleset in its own right (which allows restriction of extensions and modules to run just for that ruleset). This will allow your ruleset to take advantage of any future upgrades/bug fixes in CoreRPG. This is what standard FG rulesets do and was one of the main design goals of CoreRPG.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 20th, 2019 at 14:07.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I dont know the game, have never played the game, its actually a game i also dont own...
    Im working from this char sheet
    https://www.arustmonsteratemysword.c...Sheet%202a.pdf
    and I dont know how Abilities and Skills work but as a guess I went with
    Abilities
    being 3d6 with bonuses for higher numbers and penalties for lower numbers
    Roll - 2d10+(p2) where (p2) is the bonus/penalty
    Skills
    being a simple value from -5 to +5 but also getting the bonus/penalty from the parent ability
    Roll - 2d10+(a)+(p1) where (a) is the bonus from the Ability and (p1) is the bonus/penalty for the skill

Of course these rolls could be completely wrong but this is an example of how you might do this in MoreCore

mc-kult.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I dont know the game, have never played the game, its actually a game i also dont own...
    Im working from this char sheet
    https://www.arustmonsteratemysword.c...Sheet%202a.pdf
    and I dont know how Abilities and Skills work but as a guess I went with
    Abilities
    being 3d6 with bonuses for higher numbers and penalties for lower numbers
    Roll - 2d10+(p2) where (p2) is the bonus/penalty
    Skills
    being a simple value from -5 to +5 but also getting the bonus/penalty from the parent ability
    Roll - 2d10+(a)+(p1) where (a) is the bonus from the Ability and (p1) is the bonus/penalty for the skill
    Of course these rolls could be completely wrong but this is an example of how you might do this in MoreCore
    Yeah, you've blended 4th edition rolls (just as the user requested of you) with a 1st edition sheet. Kult has changed dramatically, IMO for the better, by every release. There's just ten skills in 4th edition, for example - the ones I listed on my sheet under Attributes.
    Here - I'll link the official 4th edition ones again:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...pHHr648APQOqyP
    I think I'll do fine on my own for now. I just need to take a short break.
    Last edited by MooCow; December 20th, 2019 at 22:24.

Getting the hang of positioning frames. As far as positioning and sizes go, page one is mostly done.

I'm going to MAYBE need help with the following:
    - How to position the titles of each frame in the upper left corner of them, instead of the upper middle.
    - How to make those titles white text on the background of a black box.
    - How to vertically anchor something, since Archetype and Occupation shouldn't be next to eachother like that. ...but that probably won't matter much.
    - Possibly how to get separate storage for each frame, since right now - as you can see - they're mostly linked to the Attribute frame.

Hopefully there's no jargon specific to Kult on this page.
    Last edited by MooCow; December 21st, 2019 at 08:49. Reason: Updated the screenshot to reflect current progress.

I'm really looking forward to the completed character sheet. Will be awesome.

I'm really looking forward to the completed character sheet. Will be awesome.
    Thank you. There's a lot to do, but so far I'm working on it daily. Currently it actually does look a bit messier than the screenshot - gotta realign things.
    If I give up on this project, I'll release what I have to you guys to continue, but so far I can manage.
    I'm thinking that if I can learn to program lua, then we don't need the tables for wounds and stability. There will just be a number that you enter into a box, and then the maluses will be calculated automatically.
    Merry christmas.

Fixed the top half now. ...almost. When I transfered the portrait from the frame onto the front page, it mysteriously disappeared. Can't I put a portrait there?

Next up is fixing the titles of the fields, and the heights of the lines you write on.

I haven't even begun on the back page, but it should be easier than this page.

I also noticed something while filling in this sheet: You can have lots of dark secrets, but Abuse Survivor is an OCCUPATION. That's like your JOB. :P Kirsty seemed to manage well enough to not let it completely define her.
    Last edited by MooCow; December 25th, 2019 at 16:17.

If you believe in time as an actual thing, then happy new year, otherwise happy any other day!

It looks like I'm going to be running a live game of Kult in early February. If you are looking for someone to test the sheet around then we often use FG as an intermediary in our live sessions.

If you believe in time as an actual thing, then happy new year, otherwise happy any other day!

It looks like I'm going to be running a live game of Kult in early February. If you are looking for someone to test the sheet around then we often use FG as an intermediary in our live sessions.
    I would love to be finished by then, but I can make no promises, when it seems that even labels take scripting to do properly. I guess I can always make sure to make a basic, preliminary layout, and focus less on the details. I've got a month, which should be good to make something rudimentary, but you make sure that you also have a backup plan. I've let down people before, as well as myself.
    As for the rules themselves, as mentioned before, there is already a /kult roll implemented in MoreCore (I think it was). The thing is that I have done the sheet for Core RPG instead, so HOPEFULLY you can layer it on top of MoreCore as well. I haven't even gotten the ruleset layered yet, but I have marked 99% of my changes with tags to be able to export it easily.

Happy new year.

Thread Information