FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Adding LOS to imported tiles and resaving in images for future mapping

I attempted to search to see if this question had been previously raised but did not readily identify. I have imported some village tiles into my asset images in the campaign bag. Is there a way that I can add line of sight to these jpg and resave them into my campaign bag? I would like to be able to pull over the tiles into different village configurations with the line of sight work already completed so I would not have to repeat each time. Thanks for feedback!!

There will be. You need to extract the xml data from the LOS file created when you do the LOS and then add that into the module. Currently the tool to do this isn't publicly available but will be in due course.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If I am reading this correctly, that means that long term we should not expect to be able to add LOS definitions to maps and have them saved along with the images? We will require an external tool and go through a module creation process? This seems... less than ideal.

The campaigns will save the information just fine within FGU, and it will be saved along with all other campaign data.

However, in order to include LOS data with map/tile packs or your own custom graphics, there is an additional XML file that needs to be included with the graphic file to provide the LOS information. This is the tool that Zacchaeus is referring to.

Going forward, since we will be releasing content on both FGC and FGU, all modules will continue to be created for FGC with the additional map meta-data included in the modules to enhance them for FGU.

Regards,
    JPG

Looking forward to that xml tool being released. I've already got some tileset packs I want to convert over to modules with the LOS built in.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Zacchaeus, are there instructions for doing this manually? I looked for the xml file on the ones I did and created maps for and the only place I could find them was in the DB.xml. I pulled a copy of that over and deleted all of the information not related to the maps and then saved that in the module directory. It clearly was not successful. Is this process outlined somewhere? Many thanks!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardway07 View Post
    Zacchaeus, are there instructions for doing this manually? I looked for the xml file on the ones I did and created maps for and the only place I could find them was in the DB.xml. I pulled a copy of that over and deleted all of the information not related to the maps and then saved that in the module directory. It clearly was not successful. Is this process outlined somewhere? Many thanks!!
    No. Eventually the tool will be made available to the community. It's not ready for that yet for several reasons. But I believe the intent is to have it ready at or before public release.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Any news on the LOS tool being released? I am working on my own tiles, and like others would like to be able to reuse them. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by srinity View Post
    Any news on the LOS tool being released? I am working on my own tiles, and like others would like to be able to reuse them. Thanks!
    Its released.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ta+for+Modules
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information