Thread: unarmed damage

unarmed damage

can some1 tell me the mechanic of unarmed attack please?
    The "to hit" and "damage". I cannot find anything in the core book about it.
    are there any Edges that assist in this?

Thanks

To hit is a Fighting Roll. Damage is generally Str, but Martial Artist, Martial Warrior and Brawler (IIRC) add to the damage.

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)
    FG Community Developer:
    [Available]Millennium Knights, Savage Suzerain [In Progress] Tyrnador: Fate of Ventar [Personal Use]Savage Rifts

Currently running:
    AD&D 2e - Against the Spider Queen (FGG Lost Lands Adaptation)
    Savage Worlds - Savage Rifts Vampire Kingdoms

In planning:
    Way too many games!

Timezone:
    Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    To hit is a Fighting Roll. Damage is generally Str, but Martial Artist, Martial Warrior and Brawler (IIRC) add to the damage.

GBFF
    thank you.
    what is IIRC please?

ah..... IIRC = If I remember correctly....... thanks. any1 else willing and able to confirm? also those edges for martial arts, what boox are they in please?

They should be in the core book.

Fighting is on page 30 of v5 of the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (aka current core rules).

Martial Arts & Martial Warrior are on page 43. Brawler is on page 41.

Also note that if someone with a weapon attacks someone with without a weapon, the armed attacker gets +2 to hit. Also, if the attacker has two weapons, they get an extra +1. The exception to both: the weaponless person has Martial Artist Edge.

(Look up Martial Artist, Fighting with Two Weapons, and Unarmed Defender).

If you want a nasty build - do Martial Artist/Brawler/Martial Warrior/Bruiser. Fighting +2, Damage Str + d10, Toughness +2.
    Toss in Ambidextrous, Two Fisted, (Imp) Frenzy for more fun.

(I am running an Orc Pugilist right now - so he punches like a two-handed sword).

Thread Information