Planned start date: January 8th 2020

Planned Duration & Frequency: once a week 3 or 4 hour session

Term: long term

Text or Voice: voice

Voice software used: discord

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? NO

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
    Number of Players in game & needed: have 3 players need 1 or 2 more

Character starting level & equipment: level 1 and character creation will be the text below

Character restrictions: will be in the description below

Details of your scenario: there are two GMs that will rotate monthly or bi-monthly depending on circumstances.

-----

Table Rules

The DM/GM word is law. Rules will using whatever game we are playing at the time. Some rules may change to improved game play.

Please follow the old golden rules and all will be well.

When someone is speaking please wait your turn. please give the same courtesy if you were the one speaking. Since it's voice based game be hard to hear over others.

No meta gaming. It ruins the fun.

If late or can't make game please let the active GM know. if can't make game or how long will you be late just be a good courtesy for tbr group.

This will be a non murder hobo game. Consequences are a thing in my game. If break the law expect something to happen or if stupidity ensues that kills your own character it's your own fault. I am the reactor to your character's choices.

If anyone else wants to DM, they are welcome to! Please bear in mind that some of our players may not own Fantasy Grounds, so you may need to purchase the Ultimate license to do so, as well as the books. Check with the group.

-----

Mines of Phandelver

1. Attributes will be chosen by either the standard array, or by point buy. This is because we will be running pre-written modules that are balanced around either of these systems. I may allow you to roll for attributes as we transition to homebrew in the future.

---The standard array is: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.

---Point buy calculator: https://chicken-dinner.com/5e/5e-point-buy.html.

2. If you select a race that grants a flying ability, the flying ability will be ignored. Flight will still be possible by means other than racial trait. (This is mostly to save me as a new DM from pulling out my hair).

3. Races and sub-races that do not appear in the PHB are subject to approval by the DM.

4. No evil alignments. If your character becomes evil, it will become an NPC controlled by the DM.

5. I have the following source books, which you may use for character customization: PHB, DMG, Monster Manual, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Mordenkainen's, Xanathar's, Volo's, and Eberron RFTLW.

-----

Homebrew

1. Follow the Table Rules.

2. We will be using the point buy system to pick attributes (strength, intelligence, etc). A point buy calculator:
    https://chicken-dinner.com/5e/5e-point-buy.html.

3. Most races are allowed, except Warforged and Flying races.

4. No evil alignments. If your character becomes evil there are chances to redeem but there are consequences to every action.

5. I will allow classes in the game books. I do frown upon third party classes, but am open to them. If you want to play a class not in the books, please speak with me.

6. A backstory is required for your character. It does not need to be long; just a simple background will do. Feel free to write more if you feel inclined. No one is the star, and all are going to have their time to shine.

7. You will regain full HP when you level. This applies to NPCs that I use as well.

8. Flanking grants advantage.

9. We are NOT using critical success/critical fail tables.

10. It is OK to get up from the game during combat, but your turn will be skipped if not present.

11. Try to plan your turn ahead of your turn.

12. Please allow players to pick what actions they would like their characters to take on their turn.

We will be holding a Session Zero on Wednesday, 12/18/19 at 7:00 PM Eastern.

Still taking players, by chance?

I just came across this thread and wanted to see if spots were still available. I PMed you directly kkerwin1 but in case it was missed i wanted to message here too.
    Last edited by Jagerkiller; December 17th, 2019 at 16:54.

At this time, this game is no longer accepting applicants. Cheers!

Thread Information