5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Trenloe "Game mechanics cannot be protected under copyright laws - just the game mechanics" - what? lol
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Damned/Trenloe - hi guys - I think you're being way too heavy-handed here. The OP is entirely within rights to share what he has shared, since NO trade dress is indicated, colours cannot be trademarked (excepting Cadbury's royal purple) and this slab bears no similarity whatsoever to the AHQ tiles. The OP is entirely free to share this - Trenloe if you are not familiar with AHQ's design I can assure you they are hand-painted intricately detailed dungeon tiles - not a blank gridded slab. If you sanction THIS user, you're in for a world of pain setting that as the bar for infringement, since I can similarly say that Fantasy Grounds resembles an AHQ tile and uses the same colours and is therefore a derivative work. That is a fair comparison of what you are claiming as IP here.

What they have shared is a gridded block!
    Last edited by gtw2017; December 17th, 2019 at 07:25.

Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    Damned/Trenloe - hi guys - I think you're being way too heavy-handed here. The OP is entirely within rights to share what he has shared...
    You're coming late to the discussion - and you're commenting on the new artwork MooCow has uploaded, not the original artwork or post details. The original artworks was quickly removed and the text of the original post has changed. I agree the current content is fine.

@MooCow - thanks for understanding and working with us. It's great that you want to share content with the community.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

[QUOTE=Trenloe;468049]You're coming late to the discussion - and you're commenting on the new artwork MooCow has uploaded, not the original artwork or post details. The original artworks was quickly removed and the text of the original post has changed. I agree the current content is fine.

Oh. Note to Self, READ and COMPREHEND the full thread before commenting. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    On this subject - if you are looking for future HQ or AHQ set pieces you might like these:
    You may also find my work in the Italian Heroquest releases to which I contributed as a superfan of HQ.
    When FGU releases I will add these to the FG Store.
    All artwork is my own and does not infringe on HQ in any way - it is not derivative work it simply works with the HQ system.
    All of my tiles and maps are also suited to HQ being 1" square.
    They look really beautiful, but unfortunately I'm only able to buy stuff from Steam - not the rest of the internet.
    ...and the tiled maps that I finally produced later, they may not be top quality, but they're actually good enough for my limited usage.
    Thank you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MooCow View Post
    They look really beautiful, but unfortunately I'm only able to buy stuff from Steam - not the rest of the internet.
    ...and the tiled maps that I finally produced later, they may not be top quality, but they're actually good enough for my limited usage.
    Thank you anyway.
    Thanks all that aside just know that even as old as HQ/AHQ is there's still lots of content being made for it including a super-game based on its principles. Maybe coming in 2020.

Thread Information