5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Advanced Heroquest Tilesets (for making custom maps)

I've been lacking a more squary floor tileset to construct basic maps from, and since I grew up with Advanced Heroquest, I disassembled one of the rooms to make my own from.
    The hard part is left: To randomize the tiles across a larger area in a non-repeating pattern, but I think that's up to other people to do as they construct their own maps.
    (The images here are palettes of all the unique components, but you'll quickly spot that there's a pattern.)
    All tiles are perfectly scaled to fit a standard 50x50 Fantasy Grounds grid, ready to cut and paste. Have fun.

EDIT:
    Alright, I've drawn my own little "tileset" now. It pleases me, but it's simple and completely bare.

EDIT 2:
    Sorry. Removing my support for all Fantasy Grounds projects indefinitely.
    Last edited by MooCow; January 15th, 2020 at 18:28. Reason: I'm not supporting abusive mods. Withdrawing project indefinitely.

Blog Entries
    Hi MooCow if this is artwork lifted from another persons work without their permission you can’t share it here as a downloadable resource.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi MooCow if this is artwork lifted from another persons work without their permission you can’t share it here as a downloadable resource.
    Even if it's for non-commercial purposes and in a very edited form? Fine. I'll remove it then.

Quote Originally Posted by MooCow View Post
    Even if it's for non-commercial purposes and in a very edited form?
    This is a common misconception, copyright is not circumvented by releasing something for non-commercial purposes.

We're very proactive about protecting publishers rights and upholding copyright on these forums. Thanks for removing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is a common misconception, copyright is not circumvented by releasing something for non-commercial purposes.
    We're very proactive about protecting publishers rights and upholding copyright on these forums. Thanks for removing.
    That's fine by me, but just so you know, the artwork we're talking about is a couple of cracks painted into a piece of cardboard. It's not the set of cardboard pieces, it's not a single piece of cardboard, it's not the tiles in their scales or arrangement, and in the case of the gray tiles, it's not even the original color. The monetary value of these cracked tiles, is zero. In order to Games Workshop to make any money from that palette, they'd have to make AHQ a virtual game, because people are not going to buy their board game just because there's a lack of virtual art assets. ...if it's even in print anymore.

...but it doesn't matter to me, and it's your decision.

The point is that it is still copyright Games Workshop. It doesn't matter whether they are or are not available in digital form or not. It would be exactly the same as taking the players Handbook and producing a FG module of it without permission from WotC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The point is that it is still copyright Games Workshop. It doesn't matter whether they are or are not available in digital form or not. It would be exactly the same as taking the players Handbook and producing a FG module of it without permission from WotC.
    So you're telling me that all these countless free rulesets that I'm seeing being posted in your forums, are all with the expressed permission of the copyright owners? In that case, is there a list of copyright holders that you/they/we have gotten complete copyright permission from?

Quote Originally Posted by MooCow View Post
    So you're telling me that all these countless free rulesets that I'm seeing being posted in your forums, are all with the expressed permission of the copyright owners? In that case, is there a list of copyright holders that you/they/we have gotten complete copyright permission from?
    Game mechanics cannot be protected under copyright laws - just the game mechanics, other material is covered. Hence why you see the community rulesets - which cover just the mechanics of the game.
    Any prose, descriptive text, artwork, etc. is considered intellectual property (IP) and covered under copyright laws unless the IP owner decides to release that material under a community/open license.

In this specific case, you were modifying and redistributing artwork, which is covered by copyright.

This is all about protecting the Intellectual Property of publishers. If they give permission, or release their material under a community/open license then it's fine to distribute material covered by, and within the terms of, that license/agreement.

As I mentioned, we're very proactive on these forums about what material we allow to be publicly distributed. We protect the intellectual property of all publishers - whether they be massive companies like Hasbro (D&D, etc.) and Games Workshop, or a fledgling home based RPG company taking their first steps within the hobby. What we do on these forums is within USA copyright laws and the relevant licenses that a publisher may release their material under.

We're very, very supportive of community content creators as well. We just make sure that these forums are correct and proper for all involved - community developers through to RPG publishers.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 17th, 2019 at 09:57.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Game mechanics cannot be protected under copyright laws - just the game mechanics. Hence why you see the community rulesets - which cover just the mechanics of the game.
    I'm surprised to learn this, and glad I learned it before making my own ruleset.
    Thank you for clearing things up for me.

On this subject - if you are looking for future HQ or AHQ set pieces you might like these:

https://www.gametilewarehouse2020.co...evels-dungeons

https://www.gametilewarehouse2020.co...-levels-sewers

https://www.gametilewarehouse2020.co...ap-bundle-code

https://www.gametilewarehouse2020.co...ap-bundle-code

https://www.gametilewarehouse2020.co...-for-heroquest

You may also find my work in the Italian Heroquest releases to which I contributed as a superfan of HQ.

When FGU releases I will add these to the FG Store.

All artwork is my own and does not infringe on HQ in any way - it is not derivative work it simply works with the HQ system.
    All of my tiles and maps are also suited to HQ being 1" square.
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Thread Information