DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    You can do this in a normal table. Drag the NPC into the row and then type in [1d4*10x]. Set the output to encounter. But random encounters is better. Create the random encounters and then drag those into your table to generate a randomly selected one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Good day!

I've been looking around and have found examples of how to generate random encounter tables using FG, however, in one module I'm working on the number of foes to be generate is 10-40, which is 1d4 x 10. How do I express this in a table so that 10-40 foes are generated, or is it possible?

Thanks,

GB
    Here are some examples of how I generate encounters using tables and random encounters.

As far as the math you can do in the [xDx???] I am fairly certain you can use [1d4*10x] (the x will make that many of the linked npc types.)
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

EDIT: Disregard, I said something wrong in this message
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 12th, 2019 at 23:55.

Thanks all for the help! Celestian's way was spot on what I needed..now off to make table to terrorize the PCs with in Queen of the Spiders!

GBFF
    Last edited by GunbunnyFuFu; December 12th, 2019 at 23:57.
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Is there a way to do mixed encounters? Say 1 Patrol Leader with X stats, 2 Sergeant with Y Stats, and 10 swordsman with Z stats?

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Is there a way to do mixed encounters? Say 1 Patrol Leader with X stats, 2 Sergeant with Y Stats, and 10 swordsman with Z stats?

GBFF
    The example I listed had 3 columns. That should do it. In the case of the one I showed it's melee brigands, ranged brigands and a brigand leader.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries

GBFF
    Using a random encounter, just add a line/entry for each type and then give each type it's own variable number of creatures. Using one table, just make multiple columns. Or use multiple tables for each type and roll multiple times.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks!

GBFF

Thread Information