Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Envoy Get ‘em

Envoy Get ‘em

How do you apply the morale bonus that is conveyed by get ‘em? Can’t seem to figure it out or find anything on the forum. Thanks.

You need to add a set of new effects on your Actions tab. You First need to create an effect called Get 'Em having a duration of 1 round, that you apply to the target that you need the +1 against. Next you need to create an effect with the following text: IFT:CUSTOM(Get 'Em);ATK:1 morale which you apply to your party members. It's best to apply the IFT one to all of your party at the beginning of the session so that you don't forget. It won't give them a bonus until you've applied Get 'Em to a target.

See the attached image for detailed example

Get Em.png
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thanks - I'll give it a shot.

Very nice bit of coding. I wish there was a way to drag the XML straight from a forum post (or wiki) onto a character sheet’s action tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Stadlerc View Post
    I wish there was a way to drag the XML straight from a forum post (or wiki) onto a character sheet’s action tab.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Effects-Lists
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    You need to add a set of new effects on your Actions tab. You First need to create an effect called Get 'Em having a duration of 1 round, that you apply to the target that you need the +1 against. Next you need to create an effect with the following text: IFT:CUSTOM(Get 'Em);ATK:1 morale which you apply to your party members. It's best to apply the IFT one to all of your party at the beginning of the session so that you don't forget. It won't give them a bonus until you've applied Get 'Em to a target.

See the attached image for detailed example

Get Em.png
    This is very handy thank you! I am curious though, has there been any note of when users can expect these sort of class features to be included in the ruleset/add on books instead of requiring manually adding them in?

probably never...
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

I'm very new to the platform in general so it was just confusing to me why some things that seem to be a core part of the system are not automated when so much other stuff is. I'm just grateful that we have some ability to add stuff in like this even if it does confuse me. Thanks again

You have to think of the platform as a sandbox (it's supposed to be a virtual tabletop). Automation is great...reduces some of the pain points...but what one person wants automated, you'll have 10 others that don't, because it conflicts with something that they do...so, we tried to give you the tools to do what makes sense for you. FG is also pretty good in the fact that most of what "can" be done, is available to be provided via extensions to the rulesets (indeed, you can even make your own rulesets from scratch). If you don't have the capability to do something, there are a lot of community developers that possibly can. Some might require you to compensate them for the time and effort involved, whereas some others might do it for the simple love of the ruleset and the desire to make things good for everyone. There is definitely a mix out there of both.

TLDR; adding automation to base rulesets can be seen as bad. But the capability to add it via extensions is there (for most situations)
    aka Laendra

Thread Information