5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apshai View Post
    Unfortunately - the Slavers modules don't work with any rule set *other* than 2E, unless I'm doing something wrong - am I? We use OSRIC and I found the OSRIC extension and installed it, and, it wouldn't allow me to load in the Slavers modules.
    I'm pretty certain that OSRIC ruleset is something that a community member made quite some time ago, quite possibly very outdated in comparison to what FG offers right now in terms of functionality. I don't think it would work with anything other than something specifically created for it (but I could be wrong).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Universal Modules will only work with CoreRPG rulesets Im pretty sure.

The 2E ruleset - either with or without the 1E extension will be several orders of magnitude better than the OSRIC ruleset.

Thank you to everyone for your answers! It's nice to see such a dedicated fanbase.

At this point, I think we're heading (sadly so, I bought the ultimate license and was all gung ho) back. Having to have the DM shift ownership of PCs without just giving them multiple owners + not being able to access/edit characters/equipment/loot offline is a bit of a game-breaker. Will likely mention this to the FG team, perhaps the Unity version could woo us back. I'm worried our game is a bit too DIY for the current version of FG.

Blog Entries
    Very sorry to see FG hasn't worked out for you. If you bought via the FG store, their is a 30 day money back policy. Just email [email protected].

Happy gaming and thanks for checking out FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Thank you to everyone for your answers! It's nice to see such a dedicated fanbase.

At this point, I think we're heading (sadly so, I bought the ultimate license and was all gung ho) back. Having to have the DM shift ownership of PCs without just giving them multiple owners + not being able to access/edit characters/equipment/loot offline is a bit of a game-breaker. Will likely mention this to the FG team, perhaps the Unity version could woo us back. I'm worried our game is a bit too DIY for the current version of FG.
    Players can edit their characters offline - just go into manage characters.
    How often do you switch characters between players? One or two a session at most? Each one is a right and a left click of the mouse.
    I dont think either of those will change under Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Players can edit their characters offline - just go into manage characters.
    How often do you switch characters between players? One or two a session at most? Each one is a right and a left click of the mouse.
    I dont think either of those will change under Unity.
    1. Because of either our inexperience our the system, when my players try to manage their character sheets all the encumbrance rates/weapon damage info was all askew. We are assuming it's because only i own the 2E PHB (which, as mentioned, isn't even the right PHB for our game). We may be wrong(?).

2. Since it's 1E, a lot - not just with PCs, though, mostly with the hirelings/mercenaries. We have 6 players, but the party is 12-strong. With the other guys, we could have one player have control over 3 characters. For instance, our cleric player has their character, an acolyte and an NPC mercenary they control - but on the fly, we often change control of the NPCs to others, there's also the issue of if a player doesn't show.

I think we're going to try one more session. I was just hoping there might be work arounds.

Players can own more than one character, if they are notable NPC's just make a simple character for them, then assign the owner. The current NPC's setup should only be used for cannon fodder.

Blog Entries
    1. Because of either our inexperience our the system, when my players try to manage their character sheets all the encumbrance rates/weapon damage info was all askew. We are assuming it's because only i own the 2E PHB (which, as mentioned, isn't even the right PHB for our game). We may be wrong(?).

2. Since it's 1E, a lot - not just with PCs, though, mostly with the hirelings/mercenaries. We have 6 players, but the party is 12-strong. With the other guys, we could have one player have control over 3 characters. For instance, our cleric player has their character, an acolyte and an NPC mercenary they control - but on the fly, we often change control of the NPCs to others, there's also the issue of if a player doesn't show.

I think we're going to try one more session. I was just hoping there might be work arounds.
    Neither of those should be an issue.

1. Inventory in most of our rulesets has a toggle for the status of each inventory piece - carried, equipped or not carried. Click the icon to cycle through the options and the encumbrance should update. Coinage is not calculated for encumbrance -- but I think there might be an extension for that. Alternately, you can add an inventory item for it. There is a group called Fantasy Grounds College that it might be worth checking out to take a free class on how to make the most of FG. There is a lot of functionality. If the actual values are different than expected, that might be due to differences between AD&D 2E and 1E. You can edit existing items by dragging the shortcut for the item into your Items window, unlocking and editing them or opening from the character's inventory, unlocking and editing there.

2. Players should select any PCs they want to control from the character selection window. It will show any previously "claimed" characters, newly built characters and unclaimed characters for the campaign. Once claimed, only that player and the GM can access and modify the sheet. If a player is a no-show or a PC or an ally NPC needs to be re-assigned, the player can right-click and Release the character back to the unclaimed pool or the GM can right-click and choose Clear Owner from the Character Selection window. Then any other player can open up the Character Selection window and claim it.

Blog Entries
    None of these things should be an issue - just a matter of learning more of FG's functionality which will come with time.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

You can find some Osric modules and extensions that should work with the 2e ruleset here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...D-Core-Ruleset and the extension for first edition here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...e-1e-Extention

This is a module I made that has Osric paladins, druids Doc https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Classes-part-2. When I did it it worked fine with the 2e ruleset, no idea if it still does
    Last edited by hawkwind; December 12th, 2019 at 21:27.

Thread Information