STAR TREK 2d20

How to make custom weapon?

Was wondering if any experts out there can lend a hand?

I have a player who owns a special dagger that allows him to critical hit when he rolls an 18, 19 or 20. Is there a way to create this dagger or change the properties of a dagger in his inventory to allow this?

Thanks,

Welcome to the FG forums!

There is a lot of information on creating items (including weapons) in the Wiki. Go to User Guides -> 5E (D&D Next) -> Item Sheet and look at the "properties" section for weapons: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...reate_a_Weapon

The property "crit range x" is what you're looking for.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums!

There is a lot of information on creating items (including weapons) in the Wiki. Go to User Guides -> 5E (D&D Next) -> Item Sheet and look at the "properties" section for weapons: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...reate_a_Weapon

The property "crit range x" is what you're looking for.
    Is there a way to add health when he hits with the dagger?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by threedo View Post
    Is there a way to add health when he hits with the dagger?
    You mean to heal the character when he hits with the weapon? i.e. do damage to the target and heal the wielder?

Nope, but if the damage and the heal values are the same, then you can drag the damage to the attacker and hold ctrl (I think!) and it will heal instead of damage.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What you can do is create a power for the weapon down in the spells/powers section. you would create a heal action for that power and use it when necessary. That can be used if the amount healed is either a specific amount or rolled.

If you want a simple way to heal where the HP regained is the same as the damage done, you can right click on the damage roll in the chat, and select one of the options like negate which turns damage into a heal. you can also select things like double, half, etc. then just drag that to the character in the CT and it will apply it as a heal.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information