DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Sidekicks

Sidekicks

Hi.

I am looking at the D&D Essentials rules, sidekicks in particular. I am wondering if there is a mechanism I didn't see to handle advancing sidekicks or are we supposed to advance the sidekick ourselves whenever they advance?

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi.

I am looking at the D&D Essentials rules, sidekicks in particular. I am wondering if there is a mechanism I didn't see to handle advancing sidekicks or are we supposed to advance the sidekick ourselves whenever they advance?
    There isn't an automatic way to update an NPC, so it has to be done manually. Only the DM can do this since players can't edit them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There isn't an automatic way to update an NPC, so it has to be done manually. Only the DM can do this since players can't edit them.
    Ah, that's a drag. Ok, thanks.

Perhaps an NPC card could be created for each level so that people who are new to FG/D&D Essentials players don't have to fiddle with upgrading sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Perhaps an NPC card could be created for each level so that people who are new to FG/D&D Essentials players don't have to fiddle with upgrading sidekicks.
    The sidekicks will need editing anyway, no matter how it's done. They have names, alignment, weapons, armour, races etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The sidekicks will need editing anyway, no matter how it's done. They have names, alignment, weapons, armour, races etc.
    Yeah, I figured that one out. I finally decided it would be easier to create it as a class and just use the PC sheet for doing the editing. Works well enough for the situation and allows me to more easily apply effects and such.

We're having a ton of fun with the module and plan to use the 3 expansions as well, so happy day.

Thread Information