STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    There is actually another bug here. FG does not correctly translate the NPC text "Magic Resistance" in the NPC Damage Resistances field when dragging the NPC to the combat tracker.
    AS I mentioned in post #23 above: "The "Magic Resistance" condition is added to a NPC when it is added into the combat tracker if it has a power name of "magic resistance", as part of the parseNPCPower function."

It doesn't work if Magic Resistance is in the NPC Damage Resistances field - because, having it in that field seems to suggest a resistance to damage, hence why it is parsed as RESIST:magic - which gives damage resistance to magic damage types, because the data is in the Damage Resistances field. Can you give examples of the creatures that have this possibly incorrect data placement?
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 13th, 2020 at 22:53.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

See my previous post. Yes, it works, but only if "Magic Resistance" is defined as a trait. I didn't realize that that was how it worked. From a usability standpoint, I made the (incorrect, but more usable) assumption that I could put resistance effects in the NPC resistance field and they would be copied or translated as needed. "Magic Resistance" is a key effect term, and when it is in the resistance field, it might be helpful if it were transferred directly to the CT unmodified, regardless of the fact that it is not a type of "damage resistance" (but rather conferring advantage on saves).

Blog Entries
    Magic Resistance is somewhat unique. Just one of those things (like Spellcasting Trait) that you have to know how to use.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I understand...but the parser could also easily recognize it as key text and just do the right thing.

The 5E parser is not generic across all data fields. The FG code has specific parser logic for specific fields within a record. It can’t possibly be coded to expect a bunch of key terms in incorrect places.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The 5E parser is not generic across all data fields. The FG code has specific parser logic for specific fields within a record. It can’t possibly be coded to expect a bunch of key terms in incorrect places.
    So...my suggestion wasn't for infinite flexibility, but even just using a sorted list/lookup with a single table, it would be a simple software engineering task and not overly slow on lookups. The list of effect keys is not that long. However, in this case, the suggestion was just to add recognition for "Magic Resistance" in the resistance field so it doesn't incorrectly convert it to RESIST:magic, which is a trivial fix/addition.

Blog Entries
    Add it to the wishlist if it doesn't already exist. If it does, vote on it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I wish that someone would take 10 seconds and add another key pair to the resistance field lookup. Otherwise, I know how it works now, so I will be using the trait name.

Thread Information