STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Local server not found error (Mac-OS FGU)

I installed and updated FGU on Mac-OS Catalina (10.15.1) this morning.

1. Click on HOST CAMPAIGN
    2. Select Server Type: LOCAL
    3. Select any game system (or new)
    4. Select START.

There is a pause and this error shows:

FGU Mac Error.PNG

It works perfectly if you choose Cloud hosting, so I'm not sure what's not communicating inside there.

Contents of CONSOLE.LOG:

[12/6/2019 9:42:59 AM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [12/6/2019 10:21:12 AM] [NOTICE] Spawning private server.
    [12/6/2019 10:21:17 AM] [NOTICE] Connection error - Unable to connect to game server. Verify network access, and try again.
    [12/6/2019 10:28:18 AM] [NOTICE] Connection error - Cancelled by user.

(edited to add console.log contents)
    Last edited by Mirloc; December 6th, 2019 at 15:31.

I also had this question, how is the connection tested for port forwarding, I have a couple of screenshots.
    I'm on Mojave, I have the port open in Firewall, and port-forwarding set up on my router.

1 Classic showing TEST ok.png
    2 New Campaign setup.png
    3 Unable to connect.png
    4 Firewall.png

@Mirloc,
    Thanks. I've filed as FGU-788 for the local server issue. The difference is whether the server is instantiated locally or on our lobby/cloud server; the GM actually connects to their own server, even locally.

@gfrear,
    FGC tests the port forwarding connection by setting up a mini-server on port 1802, and then asks the FG web server to try to establish a connection.
    FGU is using a networking library that attempts to set up port forwarding for local servers, but also allows a cloud server to facilitate connections. There is no way to check port forwarding on local servers in FGU currently. However, you can always you canyouseeme.org and related sites to test port 1802 once you have started a campaign in local server mode.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks @Moon Wizard,

I guess my issue is the same as Mirloc, I can't get a local server running, independently if 1802 is open or not.

Cheers,
    GFP

Thanks for confirming. I'll need our Mac guy to investigate next week.

Regards,
    JPG

I tried to confirm this last night. Third Mac user who can't create a local server. Cloud server is fine.

Also, there's no way to tell it which IP to grab. It grabbed my WiFi IP. I use my CAT-5.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilAdams View Post
    I tried to confirm this last night. Third Mac user who can't create a local server. Cloud server is fine.

Also, there's no way to tell it which IP to grab. It grabbed my WiFi IP. I use my CAT-5.
    In Windows FG grabs the connection that has priority. This can be changed in the registry, but have no idea if such is possible on a Mac. I'm Apple ignorant! (Intentionally, it keeps the help requests from family to a manageable level!)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

On Windows, you can usually define network interface priority order, so that the interface you want to be your default is used first before others. Is there something similar on Macs?

Regards,
    JPG

I too can’t host a game on a local server using Mac OSX. Cloud server works fine.

On Windows, you can usually define network interface priority order, so that the interface you want to be your default is used first before others. Is there something similar on Macs?

There is something similar.

OSX Preference > Network
    At the bottom of the list there's a cog. Click on it and select the option to define "Service Order" (I don't know what the exact menu name in english, but it's "Définir l'ordre des services" in french).

Thread Information