DICE PACKS BUNDLE

unable to install fantasy grounds at all

Hello,

My group of gamers decided to use this program. However, I cannot download it at all. I have poured over forums and I have yet to find anything useful. I am on a wireless network but I have no issue updating or downloading any other program.

Here is my error log:

Getting packages from FG server
    Starting update check
    ERROR - GetProducts: Network: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
    Retrying in 10 seconds
    Update check cancelled.

I have tried clearing everything multiple times, reset pc, ran with absolutely no virus scanner / firewall active. I repeat, nothing. No malwarebytes, adaware, norton, windows firewall, etc.
    I have run it as an administrator. I have tried my cell phone hotspot.
    I have tried the steam demo version.
    I had my buddy zip me his install folder.

I can't seem to figure out why I cannot connect. My fellow gamers tested to see if maybe it was FG servers so they redownloaded their clients and connected just fine.

Is there a fix to this?
    Last edited by D4nksauce; December 5th, 2019 at 08:14.

Hi D4nksauce welcome to FG.

This error most likely means that something on your system is preventing FG from updating correctly. Make sure that you have full read/write access to the location that you are trying to install FG (both for the client and for th data folders). Anti virus is the next thing to check; don't just switch it off (since even off it can have an effect) create an exception for FG and the FG Updater exe's. Other things to try are flood protection set too high on your router or Parental controls or similar settings on your router.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Could this be due to an IP address restriction on the FG servers? I remember some IP ranges were blocked do to security issues.

What country are you located in?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Bad requests usually indicate that the URL was rewritten before leaving your network. Make sure that you disable any Internet Filtering or Parental Control options on your machine or router as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information