STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

It looks like there will be another benefit with FGU. Anyone with better than demo will be able to access their own characters while not connected to the GM (although they won't be able to use any content they don't own - but this is not that bad of a limitation because the info is usually copied to their character sheets in most rule sets). While this can be done in FGC, it requires the GM to export the character back to the player once the character has been brought into the GM's campaign.
    I hope I have this right, but I think this is the gist of what Moon Wizard has been trying to explain on the Beta forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    While this can be done in FGC, it requires the GM to export the character back to the player once the character has been brought into the GM's campaign.
    Players can access their PC in FG Classic with "Manage Characters" without the need for the GM to export back to the player.

I believe there will be no more Manage Characters in FG Unity. Perhaps Moon Wizard is mentioning what functionality will allow players to access their PC in the local cache, like they do via Manage Characters now.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In FGU, you can create a new Characters campaign, and import any character from any other campaign you have setup locally or any campaign that you've played in.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    In FGU, you can create a new Characters campaign, and import any character from any other campaign you have setup locally or any campaign that you've played in.
    That sounds cool. Thanks for the info.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I find that people who pay to play are more likely to stay in the game why anything over demo is a show that you are dedicated to the game.

Like RunningHill, I'm in the camp where I like my players to have some money invested in the game. I love online play for all it's good sides, but there is no doubt a down side is the tendency for people to just vanish from a game without any word. I think them dropping a 40 helps offset that a bit.

Thread Information