STAR TREK 2d20

Old school D&D player LFG to play 5e PST evenings

Hi,

I'm a middle-aged gamer looking to get back into D&D again and recently bought Fantasy Grounds. I'm easy going and get along well with people. I like to play healer or support roles.

I am probably most familiar with 5e, but identify more with the brutal earlier edition rules. Healing seems too easy in 5e in my opinion, but I understand that can speed things up for some people. There are a lot of special abilities that characters can get early that seem to take away from the rewards of surviving the lower levels in my opinion. For example, druids can shape shift at level 2. I do like how well tactics are fleshed out in this edition and combat seems like it could be really fun.

With that said I am willing to commit for the long haul on a campaign, but would probably fit best with a group that has some custom rules to make the game a bit more realistic with some old school flavor.

I'm available weekdays after 7pm PST(GMT -8) or Weekends after 6pm.

Thank you for reading,

Dadnar

Hi Dadnar,

I am also in the same time zone as you and looking for he same game, times, and group type. If you find something and need a player let me know!

You got it

Quote Originally Posted by Hylum View Post
    Hi Dadnar,

I am also in the same time zone as you and looking for he same game, times, and group type. If you find something and need a player let me know!
    I will. You do the same

Dadnar

Blog Entries
    Hey welcome. Just want to let you know there is an amazing AD&D 2e ruleset that is a joy to use. You might want to consider that too.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dadnar View Post
    I will. You do the same

Dadnar
    For sure!

Stay frosty you two. I may have something for you both coming up here shortly.

I'm also in the same time zone looking for a AD&D game. I have the ruleset so if push comes to shove I could DM. I can't start until 8pm though

Quote Originally Posted by talislanta View Post
    I'm also in the same time zone looking for a AD&D game. I have the ruleset so if push comes to shove I could DM. I can't start until 8pm though
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...f-the-Mad-Mage
    Player of DnD since 1988, DM since 2000. Exploratory experience in Shadowrun 1st/2nd Edition, Vampire: The Masquerade, Pathfinder and others.
    Ultimate license(FG)

Currently DMing:
    DnD 5E, Hoard of the Dragon Queen, PbP
    Upcoming:
    DnD 5E, Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Fantasy Grounds
    Work in Progress:
    DnD 5E, Untitled Mass Effect campaign, Fantasy Grounds
    DnD 5E, Untitled World of Warcraft, Wrath of the Lich King campaign, Fantasy Grounds

Thread Information