5E Character Create Playlist

Looking for a 5e Eberon Campaign. Friday Night only, please.

I love the book.
    1) I put together a House Orion House Agent (a sorlock),
    2) and a straight variant Human Hexblade (Spell Sniper feat) who I want to play as having received his abilities via an aberrant dragon mark. He still makes a pact with a dark sword, but making that pact awakens a dormant aberrant mark.

The 2nd one concerns me as the aberrant feat is more of a punishment than an actual feat. I could get more magical ability with a Magic Initiate Feat. I'm willing to take a flaw, but the ones in the aberrant Feat really suck.
    so this is how I would like to play it (and you do not have to accept this):
    Level zero. Pact made awakening the mark and receiving the Spell Sniper feat granting him access to Eldritch Blast. Whenever he uses Eldritch Blast, the mark glows right through clothing. Only bracers and the like will hide it (The mark is on his forearm).

All that said I can make a 100 characters. I just want to play in this magnificent setting!
    DMs, what say you?

Here is my initial write up for my Hexblade. His inspiration is the western gunslinger from the old west.

Caleb
    Two hundred years ago on a demiplane lost in shadow, Nev Van’shir, an ancient vampire and servant to Strahd Von Zarovich, murdered thirty Paladins devoted to Eldath.

Nev Van’shir used a weapon called Bloodthirst which was directly connected to Strahd Von Zarovich. The sentient blade was designed to feed it’s master. Whether it landed the killing blow or merely drew blood, it fed the life energies into the master vampire, strengthening the very land of Barovia itself.

Knowing that Nev Van’shir would be attacking the next town – the Paladins of Eldath prepared themselves and ambushed Nev Van’shir. Gravely wounded, the vampire was forced to flee. However, in his attempt to escape, Bloodthirst fell into the darkness of the night - lost forever. The blade without a master sought desperately to fulfill its purpose. It sent hopeful tendrils through the shadow and into other worlds.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Two years ago. Caleb was a ner-do-well evading conscription from his native Thrane. He had no desire to fight in a century long war that showed no sign of ever ending. So, he found sanctuary in Thronehold, at the time a despicable den of spies and intrigue. He found paying work doing underhanded things.

He was planting evidence in the office of Cardinal Burke of the Silver Flame when he was caught. Taken back to Thrane he was sentenced to death for desertion. Caleb slept in his cell awaiting fate when he dreamed of a black sword offering him a way out. He accepted, and woke up with a burning sensation on his arm. He had a dragon mark! He knew what he could do, and blasted his way out of jail, stole a horse, and rode to freedom. In his escape he killed 14 men and wounded the cardinal himself.

Shortly thereafter the war ended. He was free to go anywhere he wanted to. Caleb served for two years at Fort Bones and received Karnathi citizenship and a new identity: Caleb Collinwood.

Since he was released from service, he has been studying the Mournland. He really wants the loot waiting to be taken, but knows of its dangers. He seeks out adventurers looking to join up…

Today:
    Caleb is not the ner-do-well he once was. He has been seasoned by fighting the Valenar elves. He is neutral tending towards good, but is more mercenary in his style.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Aberrant Dragon Mark. All on Eberron who accept the pact with Bloodthirst are marked this way. Var Humans also receive a feat as well. Caleb chose the Spell Sniper Feat and received Eldritch Blast. The mark’s inherent flaw is that it attracts attention to itself every time it is used. It will glow right through clothing. Whenever Caleb lets loose an Eldritch Blast, the mark will glow purple. Any bracers will cover up the glow.
    ~~ the mark is located on his right forearm.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Pact: Caleb made a deal with Bloodthirst, a weapon designed to strengthen Strahd and his realm. With every death (he need not cast the killing blow), the victim’s blood and energy flow into the land of Barovia. Not a drop of blood will even stain the clothing of his victims. BUT. Anyone struck by either ray, spell, or sword will die with a look of horror.

Caleb is not required to commit murder. Either war or an adventurer’s life provides all the blood to suffice. Caleb is not aware he ultimately serves Strahd, just a nameless sword. Strahd is aware of the energy he receives but not who wields it (indeed there are several feeding Barovia this way). Bloodthirst is simply fulfilling its purpose: to feed Strahd. Finally, Strahd cannot issue orders through the sword. Caleb is under no compulsion to obey Strahd, even if they should meet. The undead, warforged, and all those who wield divine magic can be killed but do not feed Strahd.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Again, no one is required to accept this write up. I just wanted a better take on my Aberrant Dragon Mark idea

Thread Information