STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    I have tried that.

I see other characters, including all the ones from classic FG. I even see lower level, prior copies of the character I am looking for, but not the lvl 7 version. We leveled up 2 sessions ago so there has been enough game play to hopefully have cached it.

In two FGU campaigns now.

Cant view the character from either one.

Just a FYI,

This is still not working for me. I dont know if this is a more general issue or specific to this computer/install.

When I open an Campaign and go to import I get a blank screen, with an option at the bottom to import from file.

I am the sole user on the computer and I am an Admin user if that affects things.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Boy View Post
    Just a FYI,

This is still not working for me. I dont know if this is a more general issue or specific to this computer/install.

When I open an Campaign and go to import I get a blank screen, with an option at the bottom to import from file.

I am the sole user on the computer and I am an Admin user if that affects things.
    It is indeed still not working correctly But it will be addressed

This is currently super cumbersome.

Every game I run, most people send me their XML because they can't figure out how to import from their local campaign (though that does actually work).

After the game, there is no way for anyone to get their character. I have to manually export each one to an XML file and send it to them.

Feels like the most annoying thing now the lua performance is mostly fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by matjam View Post
    After the game, there is no way for anyone to get their character.
    See the instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post531980
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That make it into the FGU wiki?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Doesn’t work for me or any of my players.

Like I said. Importing local characters INTO a campaign you connect to is fine.

Getting a character OUT of a campaign you connect to does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by matjam View Post
    Doesn’t work for me or any of my players.

Like I said. Importing local characters INTO a campaign you connect to is fine.

Getting a character OUT of a campaign you connect to does not work.
    A player doesn't export directly from the GMs campaign. Like I describe in the post I link, the player data is cached locally on their computer and when the player opens a campaign on their own computer (not connecting to a GM's instance) then they can import characters from games they've joined on their computer. On the player's local campaign (so the player is running their own campaign like a GM), in the Character selection window, click the import button to go to the character import screen and all characters for the ruleset being used will be available to import into the local campaign.

See below. This is an FGU campaign loaded up on my player computer. I go to Manage Characters and then click the blue up-arrow "Import Character" button to take me to the window shown below. This shows me all characters I have used when I've been connected to a GMs campaign - it details the campaign name as well. To add them to my local campaign I click the green "+" button on the character tile. Then it's available in this campaign to edit and also upload to a GM campaign when I connect to them.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This doesnt work.

Or at least it does not work for me.

Thread Information