Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    That is not the behavior we observed tonight.

I ran an AL session as a cloud session, with 5 PCs.
    At the end, everyone did a "/save".
    I closed that campaign, opened a new cloud campaign,
    The same player joined the new campaign, and clicked the import arrow, there were no characters for him to select.

As the GM, since I ran both Campaigns, I could see the character and could import them into the new campaign (which was incredibly painless, and much improved, BTW. Thanks!)

Then, that's an issue I need to look into. I've filed as task FGU-847.

Thanks,
    JPG

Right. Should this be a manual XML import for them, or through the UI?

What I'm saying is, it wasn't in his UI as a character to import into the 2nd campaign.

I'm happy to help troubleshoot.

He might be able to open a new campaign, import the PC, then export it for the GM to do a XML import. Let me know if you're able to do it that way.

I'm mainly just tracking issues right now, since I'm swinging from ruleset code onto network code for a bit.

Regards,
    JPG

So I just tested importing a character from my campaign into my friends campaign, and the imported character was completely blank. The character I created did use 2 modules that my friend's campaign did not have. Thee characters stats were reset to all 10s, and the race and class (both created from the modules the 2nd campaign did not have) were both cleared upon import.

We just did a test. I started a new campaign. My players could not see their character from the old campaign to import it to the new one.

I could see the other characters as the DM, but this is unworkable for Adventurers League where players may be participating in one off games. Especially with online conventions like FG-Con, players need access to their own characters including players who only have a demo license (and cannot host a campaign).

Is it possible, in Unity, to import characters from Hero Lab?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous Sage View Post
    Is it possible, in Unity, to import characters from Hero Lab?
    No. And the devs have said its unlikely they will have the time to develop that tool for FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by twseifert View Post
    So I just tested importing a character from my campaign into my friends campaign, and the imported character was completely blank. The character I created did use 2 modules that my friend's campaign did not have. Thee characters stats were reset to all 10s, and the race and class (both created from the modules the 2nd campaign did not have) were both cleared upon import.
    Update to say ,that I have not been able to successfully, create a character on my computer and export or save it on my end and import it into a campaign hosted by another GM. Every character I have tried to import has come up as a completely blank/fresh character sheet in the other GM's game, regardless of any differences in the modules used to create the character on my machine or which modules that GM had open on his machine/campaign.

I tested this by creating a 5e Character with all 20s for stats and nothing else, and just the standard/free included modules open in both campaigns and after import all the stats were rest to 10.

I'm not finding any way to view my campaign character in Unity offline like I could in classic. I'm perfectly happy to use a home grown campaign or whatever. When you play infrequently it is nice to be able to review a day before the game - or plan out level ups before game day.

Thread Information