STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    I would honestly just prefer a list of characters in all the campaigns, local and remote, in the launcher.

I don't need to be able to edit them there, I just need to be able to see them and do things like "extract from encrypted zip cache of the remote campaign and add it to this local campaign that I'm using to manage my characters".

Quote Originally Posted by matjam View Post
    ... and do things like "extract from encrypted zip cache of the remote campaign and add it to this local campaign that I'm using to manage my characters".
    You won't see them in the launcher, but you will see them in the Character Import screen of your character management campaign.

This is what I'm trying to get across in this thread - this is what you *should* be able to do. There is an issue preventing this working correctly at this point. But this *is* the design goal (being able to import any player cache characters, or character from other campaign on your computer into a campaign) and will be operational once the issue is fixed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You won't see them in the launcher, but you will see them in the Character Import screen of your character management campaign.

This is what I'm trying to get across in this thread - this is what you *should* be able to do. There is an issue preventing this working correctly at this point. But this *is* the design goal (being able to import any player cache characters, or character from other campaign on your computer into a campaign) and will be operational once the issue is fixed.
    Your point was not lost, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Auto import, no. But you can import your modified character and start using that. I do this all the time in adventures I play in - import character, select it, play! The old PC can remain in the Character Selection screen (allowing the GM some reference to compare and see what the new PC changes are) or the GM can delete it from the campaign completely.
    This, and/or interoperability with D&D Beyond API (Like how Discord and D&D Beyond now work) would be a really awesome new feature. I understand this is not how the system currently works and this would be a future (if ever) thing.

With D&D Beyond API support then the whole offline view/edit could be handles in that site rather then in FG.

The non-local character import should now be fixed.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post535998
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Players being able to import characters to campaigns without DM actions is essential especially for West March.

Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    Players being able to import characters to campaigns without DM actions is essential especially for West March.
    That can be done. See the instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post531980

Thank you for fixing this.

Makes my gaming life much easier.

Hi there Greater Deity with your infinite wisdom.
    (English is not my main language and i do have Dyslexia so i apologize for any inconveniences

Me and some of my fellow players rely miss the "Manage Charters" Button in FGU.
    It was perfect for planing ahead before next session, how wounded, what items and spells you had, check character and discuss tactics.
    Planing on what stats, skills feats, new spells to get next time you levelled up.

Only aspect that would have improved on it would have been if you could check some of your fellow players Characters.

We would be rely happy if you could reconsider the removing of the "Manage Characters" button.

Good luck with all your fine work and the bug hunting. May you always succeed.
    Best Regards Joakim

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimEdman View Post
    Me and some of my fellow players rely miss the "Manage Charters" Button in FGU.
    It was perfect for planing ahead before next session, how wounded, what items and spells you had, check character and discuss tactics.
    Planing on what stats, skills feats, new spells to get next time you levelled up.
    You can do this in FGU. This is what I (and others) have been saying in this thread.

The difference is that each player needs to create a campaign for the ruleset being used. Call if "My 5E characters" (if you're running 5e, or whatever you want to call it). Then you can load any PC from any campaign you've joined into that campaign - make any changes you need. Then when you join the GM's campaign you can import your edited PC from the "My 5E Characters" campaign. This is *exactly* the same as Manager Characters, without having to export the XML from the read-only Manage Characters cache and then re-import it into the Manage Characters 5E campaign.

To say again - the same functionality as Manage Characters is available in Fantasy Grounds Unity! In fact, in most cases the functionality in FGU is better.

Thread Information