Joshua Stream Pre
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
  1. #51
    I would honestly just prefer a list of characters in all the campaigns, local and remote, in the launcher.

    I don't need to be able to edit them there, I just need to be able to see them and do things like "extract from encrypted zip cache of the remote campaign and add it to this local campaign that I'm using to manage my characters".

  2. #52
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by matjam View Post
    ... and do things like "extract from encrypted zip cache of the remote campaign and add it to this local campaign that I'm using to manage my characters".
    You won't see them in the launcher, but you will see them in the Character Import screen of your character management campaign.

    This is what I'm trying to get across in this thread - this is what you *should* be able to do. There is an issue preventing this working correctly at this point. But this *is* the design goal (being able to import any player cache characters, or character from other campaign on your computer into a campaign) and will be operational once the issue is fixed.
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You won't see them in the launcher, but you will see them in the Character Import screen of your character management campaign.

    This is what I'm trying to get across in this thread - this is what you *should* be able to do. There is an issue preventing this working correctly at this point. But this *is* the design goal (being able to import any player cache characters, or character from other campaign on your computer into a campaign) and will be operational once the issue is fixed.
    Your point was not lost, at all.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Auto import, no. But you can import your modified character and start using that. I do this all the time in adventures I play in - import character, select it, play! The old PC can remain in the Character Selection screen (allowing the GM some reference to compare and see what the new PC changes are) or the GM can delete it from the campaign completely.
    This, and/or interoperability with D&D Beyond API (Like how Discord and D&D Beyond now work) would be a really awesome new feature. I understand this is not how the system currently works and this would be a future (if ever) thing.

    With D&D Beyond API support then the whole offline view/edit could be handles in that site rather then in FG.

  5. #55
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    27,315
    The non-local character import should now be fixed.

    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post535998
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  6. #56
    Players being able to import characters to campaigns without DM actions is essential especially for West March.

  7. #57
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    27,315
    Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    Players being able to import characters to campaigns without DM actions is essential especially for West March.
    That can be done. See the instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post531980
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  8. #58
    Thank you for fixing this.

    Makes my gaming life much easier.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SWADE Playlist

Log in

Log in