DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bundle of Holding: Beasts & Barbarians for Savage Worlds

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Barbarian2020

The description for the B&B rulebook says it includes a conversion guide for SWADE.
    Last edited by k410; February 8th, 2020 at 17:36.

I am very tempted to get the full bundle. I have sentiments towards the old Howardian's pulp action adventures and Savage Worlds as ideal system for this.
    Too bad the price of the FG Player and GM modules is so insane and unrealistic.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

B&B is great for FFF. I love it. I bought the whole stuff in another bundle at drivethrurpg for a ridiculous price.
    FYI, I am not using the official B&B ruleset, since it is DLX and I fear it wont be updated since there is only a two-pages flyer for converting B&B from DLX to SWADE.
    I made a couple campaigns which I later converted to new modules, copying Edges, Hindrances and Powers, removing the ones not used, and modifying accordingly to the conversion rules.
    So I have a module with rules-related stuff (tables, edges, hindrances, powers) and another one with images (maps, characters, landscapes, archetypes) and though I don’t have the books themselves I have all needed to play B&B using FG.
    Take a look here, FG + B&B + SWADE rules.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73sBkmbHvGQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZHzuMN7SVY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxOihPFAUU0

Is there an issue running B&B modules in SWADE ruleset in FG? I checked the flyer and the updates seems not that much. The B&B itself does not require the Fantasy Companion so it should be quite easy to use?

Or I am missing something.

Nope, rulewise it doesnt change anything in FG. You have to tweak edges and hindrances to fit new SWADE versions. Main changes are charisma related edges, and maybe SIZE, which you have to enter for each monster manually. It's pretty straightforward. Im running some linked one-shoots with no issues: Grains of Death -> Soul in the Water -> The crying mother -> The sword of Izim, my characters are in Jalizar right now.

The screenshot of the products show nice skin, appropriate to the setting, but the videos you linked use modified one. You are intentionally not loading the extension or it does not work?

I thought the new ruleset automatically converts the new NPC stat blocks to SWADE format.

I am using core SWADE + a customized (by me) extension, basically I change the background and some icons (upper right corner). The "official" B&B extension is designed for DLX, so it does not work in SWADE.

Not sure if ruleset automatically converts all stats, I know you can use the /swade command for conversion, but not sure if it works 100%.

Last edited by lozanoje; February 9th, 2020 at 13:21.

@lozanoje, I love your decal and the intros for your videos. It was also good to see some of the artwork and maps from the adventures, which has really sold me on the bundle. I think I can even learn something about GM-ing from your videos even though I'm only fluent in English.

@Valyar, thank you for your part in this discussion as well. Now I think I can just use SWADE plus the SW Extended Library to add the new edges, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by k410 View Post
    @lozanoje, I love your decal and the intros for your videos. It was also good to see some of the artwork and maps from the adventures, which has really sold me on the bundle. I think I can even learn something about GM-ing from your videos even though I'm only fluent in English.
    I do not know if the translate-on-the-fly youtube feature works well for spanish-to-english translation... :-) I am not fluent for gming in english... I hope at some point Smity will realize there are more than english FG users and implement a multilenguage framework to allow users to translate their stuff. There is a lot of people that do not even know the english basics to use the app.

Thanks for your comment! The intro is quite simple, and the decal too, but I think both are quite effective and good-looking.

Apart from dnd/pf, there is no rpg that has plenty of artwork/maps on their adventures, so I mainly take them from pinterest, devianart and artstation.

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    Apart from dnd/pf, there is no rpg that has plenty of artwork/maps on their adventures, so I mainly take them from pinterest, devianart and artstation.
    Imam not the only one this is such time sink for me, I want maximum immersion in my games.

Thread Information