STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Cannot enter Class and Level

So, I've created a character manually (since import has nothing to import yet), and I'm trying to fill out the first tab of the character sheet.

I cannot seem to locate a place to enter the character's speed, but far worse is the fact that I click on the "Class & Level" field, and another dialog pops up. I click "edit the list", then the "+" to add a Class.

The only places that I can click for focus to enter text in the total rank, and the Archetype. The two lines where the Class and Key Ability are will not select.

So, I cannot even enter a character.

This is going to be pretty hard to play if I cannot even enter characters into the system.

Is there an update? Is there some mystery key combo or handshake that I need to do?

You have to drag and drop everything to create a character. There are several magnifying glasses around the main sheet that will pop open all the proper tabs.

Process to create a character is to drag the race and theme over to the character sheet. Once those are dragged over, then drag the class over. The abilities adjustment should then pop up along with any class related choices. The. You can find tune everything afterwards.
    Last edited by Blahness98; June 10th, 2018 at 00:03.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

One thing that wasn't clear to me until I watched some Starfinder on FG videos was that you need to drag-and-drop more than once to level up. So if you want to create a level 4 mechanic, for example, you need to drag mechanic to class four times. Additionally, there are some fields that you can type in, such as race, that you should drag-and-drop to get the correct bonuses.

The Starfinder character sheet page in the Wiki is slowly being created. It covers most of this already (not the leveling).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The Starfinder character sheet page in the Wiki is slowly being created. It covers most of this already (not the leveling).
    Is any of this visible to us yet? I could not see anything for Starfinder in the Wiki.

Current issue is how do I put Infrared Sensors onto Second Skin armor?

I'm sure I'll have more. I'm trying to enter all of my players' characters for our game this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tpkurilla View Post
    Is any of this visible to us yet? I could not see anything for Starfinder in the wiki.
    Look for SFRPG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Look for SFRPG.
    Alright, found it.

It at least has the steps to get started. I was trying to drag-n-drop Class before Race and Theme, and was getting nowhere.

Nothing on how to add armor upgrades to armor (or androids). Is it possible to add them yet? I cannot even seem to drop the "templates" or "upgrades" anywhere on the character sheet.

Also, I don't see a means to add "Situational" entries like I can in the 4e rules. Its either a "Weapon" or a "Spell class".

Any guidance on either of these? (armor upgrades, situational abilities/mods)

It at least has the steps to get started. I was trying to drag-n-drop Class before Race and Theme, and was getting nowhere.
    Check the chat window - it provides feedback during the process.

Also, I don't see a means to add "Situational" entries like I can in the 4e rules. Its either a "Weapon" or a "Spell class"
    Don’t think of spell classes as just spells. Add another class, call it something like "Abilities", add 10 uses (or whatever works for you) per day for level 1 and you can then add “spell” entries (which are abilities, situational, whatever entries) with various actions/effects.

Clearly my brain was boxed into being too literal!

I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Is any of this visible to us yet? I could not see anything for Starfinder in the Wiki.

Current issue is how do I put Infrared Sensors onto Second Skin armor?

I'm sure I'll have more. I'm trying to enter all of my players' characters for our game this weekend.
    To do this

1- Open Items
    2-In Items window Open FORGE
    3- Open Armor Table and drop Armor into EQUIPMENT section in the Forge.
    4-From the Item window open TEMPLATES. Drag n Drop Infraed Sensors into the ITEM TEMPLATES section of the Forge
    5-Press FORGE MAGIC ITEM -Your new Armor will be created.
    NOTE- This creates the Item with the Name and Other Tab Information show both the Armor and Sensor Information. If the Template adds stats IE EAC or KAC or any thing else those will need to be edited in the new armor. Unlock it and make the changes to it.

See Attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information