DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Finally took the plunge

After thinking about taking the plunge into VTT for a long time I finally decided to dive in the Black Friday sale. I will be using this sometimes to help with friends who I’ve been making do with cameras onto the tabletop maps and Skype calls. Half of my players will be in person and I’ve already seen that there is an extension for me to use manual input of our roles at the table which I will likely be using as well.

Any advice for an old geezer who isn’t completely comfortable with all this newfangled stuff (already picked up the dnd essentials bundle because I wanted all the stuff I have in book form without having to input it myself)

I may also incorporate into my regular game group that I run at the flgs (shout out to Time Warp Ashland and Kyowva Gaming folks)

Blog Entries
    www.fantasygroundscollege.net. Free classes to get you comfortable.
    Read the user manual, check out YouTube for tons of tutorial videos.
    Then let us know what questions you have

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

How old of a "old geezer" could you be....yours truly here is 72 years of age...and loving every minute of this modern 'newfangled' world of gaming...I play Traveller...you can find me at [email protected] in Canada.

Blog Entries
    There's a quote that goes something like;
    You don't stop playing games because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing games.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

IMHO, LordEntrails answer (FGCollege and Youtube) is 100% spot-on.
    The only thing I would add is to not feel that you're the one that is going to slow things down or create any problems - we all started knowing nothing and I have not yet met anyone who has looked down on me or made me feel like the fool because I didn't know what button to press or what to say or do next.
    My experience of the FG community has been positive all the way.
    After a year of playing, 2 campaigns and numerous one-shot games in different rulesets, I still look forward to each game (irrespective of whether I know the other players or not) the same way that I used to 30 years ago when sitting down at the table with a group of friends.

Have fun

There's another old saying...edited somewhat that says

There's another old saying...edited somewhat that says
    Better to have played and sometimes lost...than never to have played at all.... ho ho...thanks for your reply...

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There's a quote that goes something like;
    You don't stop playing games because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing games.

Thread Information