STAR TREK 2d20

Questions about combat with this ruleset

1.) In the combat tracker, when an NPC has armor listed, applied damage is not being mitigated by that armor. Players that hit and roll damage seem to apply the full damage even though the listed armor should reduce the total. Is there some trick to getting these armor values to take effect?

2.) When damage is being applied, the damage that exceeds END is automatically applied to STR, rather than to "target's choice" as the rules state. Is there some trick to getting the damage assignment to be an option that the GM can pick?

3.) Again, is there a manual for this ruleset? Questions like those posed above would be much better addressed with some kind of manual or help file, rather than having the player come to forums like this to post questions. Given the price of this ruleset, some kind of manual would be expected.

Also...

4.) Is damage type case sensitive? In the weapon listing damage type seems to be lower case.. i.e. "kenetic", but in the armor listing it seems to be upper case... i.e. "Kenetic". Will that cause a mismatch?

Hi. I agree that a user guide would be helpful but as we don't as of yet have one I hope that this helps.

Damage Types available:

"kinetic"
    "laser"
    "psionic"
    "radiation"
    "stun" (I checked this is working)
    "fire" (I checked, this is working)

You don't want the quotes, this is just a copy of MadBeardMan's list. He's the ruleset developer. I generally use the Case format like Kinetic but I don't think it's needed. The format is Kinetic 8, Rad 5 and kinetic must be spelled correctly. Note a laser rifle will punch right through kinetic and lower kinetic armor will be penetrated by higher AP weapons. It's hard to say specifically why armor isn't working but those are the most common causes.

There is a revision to the NPC equipment and skill handling that will hopefully resolve these problems. I realize that doesn't help today but that was a community requested change that MBM has put into the queue.

In the options tab there is a way to change around how damage is applied. Unfortunately due to the complexities of Fantasy Grounds it's one way or the other. Someday MBM might find a way to change that but that is what we have at the moment. The referee or player can manually change values around in the action tab so you can restore damage to DEX and apply it to STR if you want. It's not automated but it is a work around.

There are a lot of things in the development queue with feature updates that come out every 4-6 weeks and major bug fixes in between. Good news is we haven't had many bug fixes lately since the big ones were caught in the MGT1 development.

Hope this is of some help. I'm not a developer just an end user with some experience with this and other rulesets.
    Last edited by esmdev; November 29th, 2019 at 02:26. Reason: Status of stun and fire (originally wasn't sure)

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi. I agree that a user guide would be helpful but as we don't as of yet have one I hope that this helps.

Damage Types available:

"kinetic"
    "laser"
    "psionic"
    "radiation"
    "stun" (I checked this is working)
    "fire" (I checked, this is working)

You don't want the quotes, this is just a copy of MadBeardMan's list. He's the ruleset developer. I generally use the Case format like Kinetic but I don't think it's needed. The format is Kinetic 8, Rad 5 and kinetic must be spelled correctly. Note a laser rifle will punch right through kinetic and lower kinetic armor will be penetrated by higher AP weapons. It's hard to say specifically why armor isn't working but those are the most common causes.

There is a revision to the NPC equipment and skill handling that will hopefully resolve these problems. I realize that doesn't help today but that was a community requested change that MBM has put into the queue.

In the options tab there is a way to change around how damage is applied. Unfortunately due to the complexities of Fantasy Grounds it's one way or the other. Someday MBM might find a way to change that but that is what we have at the moment. The referee or player can manually change values around in the action tab so you can restore damage to DEX and apply it to STR if you want. It's not automated but it is a work around.

There are a lot of things in the development queue with feature updates that come out every 4-6 weeks and major bug fixes in between. Good news is we haven't had many bug fixes lately since the big ones were caught in the MGT1 development.

Hope this is of some help. I'm not a developer just an end user with some experience with this and other rulesets.
    All,

I'm just working on damage types (and thus armour types) for Central Supply Catalogue. Going to make things a lit simpler, whilst allowing different ammo types. Lord Nanoc and mysef are brainstorming some ideas at the moment.

Damage types shouldn't be case sensitive, I'll double check though.

I'm slowly adding specific damage types.

Anyway back to working on the NPC sheet, it's starting to look more like a PC....

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Just allow the equipment to be changed like it is now, I added a house rule where kinetic such as a flak jacket has half resistance against laser, where at the moment it is 0 (reads false to be considering a flak jacket has a metal plate). So it reads Kinetic 6, Laser 3

It seems to work.

Thread Information