Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Black Friday / Cyber Monday - Community Upsats

This was helpful last year so:

If anyone sees any good Gaming related BF/CM sales please update this thread.

Obviously we have the Smiteworks/Steam Sale.

Humble Bundle has some sales (and a 5E pdf bundle with 3 FG modules)

GoG and Origin have sales. All these are standard at this time.

I expect/Hope Profantasy will have a sale so can get more symbol sets

You are in luck, Profantasy is doing a 30% off everything sale until Monday. use voucher code "BLKFRI@30%". Its right at the top of their main page. https://www.profantasy.com/
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Mike Schley's Cities set, check.
    Considering Monster Tokens. Anyone ever try them in FG - right size/other considerations?

Too bad cannot sub to 2020 annual yet for the 30% off

Also - Savage Worlds at https://www.peginc.com/ does not appear to have a Black Friday but are doing Cyber Monday.

Noble Knights is in the middle of a Holiday Sale (not seeing blowouts, just a couple percent off which is nice if you were planning on getting anyhow)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Mike Schley's Cities set, check.
    Considering Monster Tokens. Anyone ever try them in FG - right size/other considerations?

Too bad cannot sub to 2020 annual yet for the 30% off
    Never tried using CC3+ symbols directly as FG tokens. But no reason they shouldn't be fine. Since CC uses multiple resolutions of the same graphic for performance, you should be able to find an existing resolution that works fine for you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The Monster tokens are a bit large to be used directly in FG. You could, but you would get better performance by resizing them. Taking a look at the unframed versions, they seem to be between 300x300 px and 650x650px. You could resize those down to 200 for better performance. Also, if you create your own versions, you can directly export to 200x200 or whatever resolution you want.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I’m a graphics noob.

Any downsides to doing that from a resulting look thing? I wasn’t 100% sure wanted to order, but seemed reasonable price at like 13-14$ and from the small sized samples they looked like decent art. The symbol set is a definite - just wanted to know if any downsides on these.

Also - I assume converting down is either doable in the app or simple otherwise?

The artwork is really nice. With any downsizing there will of course be a loss of quality, but whether that is noticeable or not depends on how far zoomed in you go. Also remember, that most/many grids on FG maps are anywhere from 50px-100px per 5 foot square. And your token will be scaled to fit in that square. So a 600x600px image is a bit overkill. What I would probably end up doing is using the tokentool from RPTools https://www.rptools.net/toolbox/token-tool/ (its free). And use that to give the images a border and resize. When you install the Profantasy Token Treasury, it gives you the option to save an extra copy of the artwork in a folder of your choice. this makes it super easy to use outside of CC3+. I would use tokentool and drag the tokens over and assign them whatever border seemed to fit best. Then save the exported token at the size I wanted, usually 200x200.

OK - I believe I used TokenTool once in past.

I thought they had a bunch of borders and options to modify them. Any reason you suggest using TT borders instead? Do you like them more?

Also - I never got what this set is for OTHER than for use as tokens in VTT but they mention putting in map creations... huh? I’m a neophyte, but what’s a good example of using those monster tokens in other than VTT mode?

Lastly, anyone who has and has used me for FG - good enough / recommend to get? Seems a nice assortment. I have tokens of horror - I should check for overlap but if good looking even with overlap, it’s different art.

Blog Entries
    I believe those monster tokens are only intended to be used for VTT play. I can't think of a reason to add to a CC3+ map. At least I would never do that. They do have borders etc. Not sure if those are applied within CC3+ or if the images already have them baked in. I would ask on the PF forums as someone there will know for sure.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information