DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Player and NPC Tokens Invisible

I've connected a second instance to see what my players would see - and all they can see is the LoS lines - there's no tokens. All are set to visible in the CT, but not even the player tokens are showing up for the connected player. DM is on the left, Player on the right in the picture. The tokens also remain transparent in the DM view. Moreover, when I select one of the NPCs, the PC token becomes transparent as well.

InvisibleTokens.jpg

InvisibleTokens2.jpg
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; November 27th, 2019 at 16:17. Reason: More details included.

We are already looking into issues where assets are not being transferred to player clients correctly; and this seems to be related.

For the NPC selections on GM client, any tokens not visible by the selected token are grayed out by design to show the GM which tokens are visible to the currently selected token.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon.

I'd like to point out that the NPCs are not revealing in the DM Client either, even after they've been revealed in the CT, as per the picture below. LoS is off, there are no PCs on the map, and the NPCs are still acting as hidden. There's no Player Client connected in this picture.

NoShow.PNG

So the show all NPCs button in the CT is revealing the NPCs in the CT itself, but not on the map. Also, PCs are hidden in the DM Client as well, as below.

NowShow2.PNG
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; November 27th, 2019 at 21:45.

I just updated the software and opened up a campaign and am experiencing the same thing. All tokens are transparent unless selected. No setting I know to check changes this. No player instance connected, all on the GM side.

Tokens added directly from assets and npc tokens added from the combat tracker both behave this way from what I've seen.

Just pushed a new build which I think resolves this issue (if I understood the issue correctly).

Please try the latest build, and let me know if the issue is still there.

Regards,
    JPG

Looks fixed to me! Thanks

Yep, that did it!

This is still happening for my connected clients.

For non CT-linked tokens the default visibility used to be mask-sensitive.

When I updated to FGU release v4.0.3. this stopped working, and non CT-linked tokens now are invisible by default.

Is this a bug or an implementation?

As far as I can tell non CT tokens still default to mask-sensitive, but they are not revealed by LoS anymore. You either have to set them to be always visible or disabled LoS. I hope this is a bug and not a feature.

Thread Information