DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FantasyGrounds and Regular Tabletop Play

While not necessarily PFRPG2E-related, I was not sure where to put this.

I am wanting to use FG to run my group through an in-person game. I am interested in using the mapping, and character, and combat tracker. How would one put in physical dice rolls for various things like combat, skill checks, etc? Are there any guides to doing this anywhere?

Stargrove

There is an option to enter dice rolls manually. So player A attacks monster B. The DM targets the creature, the player rolls their dice and the dm makes the attack in FG. With the manual dice roller on a window pops up and you enter into it the players dice roll. FG then outputs a result. Player then rolls damage, DM enters the dice etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Oh, how do you enable that? That would be very helpful for me, since I do a hybrid game also.

It's in the game settings (little gear)..something like "manual dice rolls"

I don't suppose there is a way to manually enter totals, instead of die values?

What I'd really like is to just be able to say "Player X has a total attack roll of [Y]; does that hit/miss/crit monster Z taking effects on the monster into account?"

What I've done is set up (all in my basement) my desktop, from which I run as the DM. My son then uses his laptop to login to the game as normal. But I run an HDMI cable from his laptop to a TV that i bought at walmart for 90 bucks. (I got a little fancy and made a case with a clear acrylic sheet on top.) Then all his friends come over and run their character from the one laptop that all of us can see. And I can still run the module as DM from my own computer screen. It works pretty well. Many times they like to roll the physical dice because it's more fun, so i'll just manually enter the damages, etc.
    tabletop - Copy.jpg
    tabletop2 - Copy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Death from Below View Post
    What I've done is set up (all in my basement) my desktop, from which I run as the DM. My son then uses his laptop to login to the game as normal. But I run an HDMI cable from his laptop to a TV that i bought at walmart for 90 bucks. (I got a little fancy and made a case with a clear acrylic sheet on top.) Then all his friends come over and run their character from the one laptop that all of us can see. And I can still run the module as DM from my own computer screen. It works pretty well. Many times they like to roll the physical dice because it's more fun, so i'll just manually enter the damages, etc.
    tabletop - Copy.jpg
    tabletop2 - Copy.jpg
    Thanks for the pics!

Here's how I run my games, but I have yet to run a PF2 game like this.

I run it from my computer that is connected to my monitor and to a big screen on the table. I run two clients, one on the TV and the other one is the host on my monitor. I just use the client view to adjust the map view for them, but most of the movement I control with the DM.

Every player has their character sheet in hand, but they're also a copy on Fantasy Grounds. When I attack them, I just do my thing just like an online game, I move npcs and roll attacks and damages. When they attack, I let them roll the dice and tell me the final result, which I compare to any AC and tell them to roll for damage or not. When they roll for damage, I manually make their characters attack the NPC and as them for the number rolled on the dice (not the total). Otherwise I'd lose some of the automation I don't want to lose, like effects bonuses, etc.

I find this extension by Celestian REALLY useful:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Dice-(DM-only)

It let's you turn manual dice rolls on and off on demand. So you only need to hold CTRL while rolling the dice for the players, instead of having manual dice window pop up every time a dice is rolled.

Oh wow, Dr0W, that extension is fantastic. I might start using it.

Thread Information