Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    This is a rather important thread. I too wanted to get into beta. I still would like to. However. I am happy at this point knowing a few things.

1) The FG team currently have a strong group of dedicated beta testers to get the platform where it needs to be. I am confident that the data being poured into the Fantasy Grounds team far exceeds what they can comb through and use.
    2) I purchased the Ultimate license. I am also happy that I can get the FGU Ultimate later on at a discount. I can wait, read the unity feedback and watch the developer Friday videos.

If there is a change where we as subscribers and licensee's can get into the beta I will be waiting and ready.

"Hold FGU release until 2020 for more polish" The word polish strongly suggests that a product is mostly feature complete.

Anyway, I've come off my mountain to make my 40ish post in like 13 years, to voice the issue. The way I see it, SW can do what ever they please and should ask themselves what the "right thing" for their customers and themselves. They've satisfied the KS people, now, please, satisfy the rest of your customers.

Thank you!

"polish" was a bad bit of wording for the survey. It should have read "Hold FGU release until it is ready to play a session without major issues"...whereas currently it cannot at all.

If you were to buy a solely multiplayer game and were unable to connect to any other player to play, you'd be pretty pissed off and demand your money back. Kind of that right now.
    Last edited by deer_buster; November 29th, 2019 at 21:09.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

DM-BK, if you had simply subscribed to the newsletter, you would have been notified. I don’t understand how someone who has owned a license for 13 years and posts an average of 3 posts a year until most recent rant feels entitled to personal notification of an upcoming ks. It was originally announced on 1 April this year and started a month later with a 30 day period.
    While I don’t believe any of the response on the voting thread was based upon any snobby preservation of acccess for KS backers, any voter might have felt that. Kickstarter has specific rules that must be followed by participants, as you are aware. And backers have a little bit of a right to expect some limited privilege out of their backing.
    If you are disappointed at the community, it is only a reflection that you really haven’t been a participant. Your attitude is frankly baffling....

I didn't ask for a personal notification lol. I only became aware of the KS right after it closed. Such is life (and wasn't what I was complaining about). Clearly I wasn't the only one that doesn't spend time on the forums. Seriously though: Wasn't at all the point to my posts.

BK

Well, it’s the holidays and I guess we all need a good rant from time to time. Anyway, sorry you missed it, and I hope you enjoy FG and when available, FGU!

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    DM_BK, I am sorry you feel like you are being jilted out of experiencing the growing pains of FGU. It is not "playable" yet, and it potentially could take months to get to a "playable" state. From experience, setting arbitrary dates for a product launch many months in advance sets you up for the possibility of failure and disappointment by your customers.

There isn't an "entitlement" complex by members of the Closed Alpha/Beta test, we (the community) just want the best possible experience for users prior to reaching the Open Beta release. If it were to reach the general public with as many open issues as there are now, there would be massive rants and raves about how FGU sucks and nobody should ever buy it.

Those who participated in the KS were active enough on any one of multiple social media sites, newsletter subscribers, or members of one of the several discord servers that mentioned the kickstarter so many times that I was tired of hearing about it before it even went live, that you pretty much had to be an inactive owner to not know about it. There are many kickstarters that I would have liked to know about before they closed but have no way to participate in afterwards. Given that you have a path forward once Open Beta comes, and that hopefully won't be much longer, and that there aren't even any FGU Demo licenses to let your players play for free, hopefully you can force yourself to wait with baited breath for the release to come.

Wow!

"I was tired of hearing about it before it even went live, that you pretty much had to be an inactive owner to not know about it"

Most of your post was spot on but this statement is extremely presumptive and illustrates the "entitlement" he was referencing.

This kind of soap box rant leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I posted hat in hand knowing I would get stepped on, let's at least refrain from attacking anyone but myself the original poster. You have no idea why or how someone might be unaware, life is full of very strange circumstances that sometimes put us out of contact with the things we love most, that doesn't mean we don't care or aren't loyal, it just means we were without the means to be aware for whatever reason....

P.S. If someone is implying that post count = interest, I submit that some are more vocal, some are less, we all are avid fans and remain interested, saying you somehow are lesser due to a low post count seems a very false metric to measure by, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Salamandar; December 4th, 2019 at 23:40.

Blog Entries
    Forums involve responses in black and white. Sometimes the responses dont accurately convey the nuanced message that was intended. Sometimes the reader interprets things in an unexpected way. Far and away most posters here, the very vast majority, have reasonable intentions in taking the time to reply. When a response is not in agreement with the initial question or request misunderstandings or minor abrasions are quite likely to occur even though unintended. On top of that many posters do not have English as their first language and there are several generations of age groups represented too. All in all - plenty of opportunity to potentially feel slighted where there was no intent.

It is generally best to assume that the other participants also want a good outcome for each other - even if they are telling you that outcome isnt going to happen.

Allow me to clear up a couple of things and then I'll be happy to see this thread die.

I use Fantasy Grounds almost every day and have for a very long time. I go to the forums very rarely (more recently) because I don't have a lot of reason to do so. I don't do any social media, rarely read the news, and rarely watch TV. Getting the word to me is not that easy. Matter-a-fact I sat at a table game (10 people!), just this last Saturday and someone said FG Ultimate was on sale (with intent to purchase). I told them it was to be replaced in the near future...9 other nerds, sitting around me had no idea about FGU!!!! And they don't all live on the lonely mountain as I do.

Reading through the written responses, on the poll thread, left a bad taste in my mouth. So my first message was sharper then I generally would be. It was something of a tantrum when I don't get my toys.

Regardless of how I sounded, you are actually entitled to the rewards when you are a kick starter backer...so the use of the word entitled isn't always a negative, despite how society generally views the term. I think people took my use of that word harsher then it was intended. The rest of it though was just me ranting.

Anyway, I hope we see something out of the fine folks at SW fairly soon for the rest of us.

BK

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandar View Post
    Wow!

"I was tired of hearing about it before it even went live, that you pretty much had to be an inactive owner to not know about it"

Most of your post was spot on but this statement is extremely presumptive and illustrates the "entitlement" he was referencing.

This kind of soap box rant leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I posted hat in hand knowing I would get stepped on, let's at least refrain from attacking anyone but myself the original poster. You have no idea why or how someone might be unaware, life is full of very strange circumstances that sometimes put us out of contact with the things we love most, that doesn't mean we don't care or aren't loyal, it just means we were without the means to be aware for whatever reason....

P.S. If someone is implying that post count = interest, I submit that some are more vocal, some are less, we all are avid fans and remain interested, saying you somehow are lesser due to a low post count seems a very false metric to measure by, but that's just me.
    Wow, meant no offense...just giving my personal viewpoint on it. Sorry that it offended you.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information