5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Undeadwood

Undeadwood

I’m on a mobile phone so I will keep it short. I’m not a D&D YouTube game watcher, I checked out a Critical Role game for nearly hour and loved it but no way I have the kind of time to keep up with 4 hours per week plus I am too anal to start other than season one.

So this is all new to me but my god the production value and quality of performance was amazing. I have to especially shout out to Brian Foster who blew me away with his HBO Deadwood voice/mannerism acting. I thought was based on historic DW but nope, the HBO On e mad it was superb.

Do yourself a solid, watch this I suspect Khartoum/Ezekiel/Cyborg is miscounting his dice but hey...)

https://youtu.be/AEIGOY6WDoA

Pretty much this. As much as I appreciate what they do, I don't have 4 hours a week to give them. I'm also too anal to start anywhere but Season one.

And yeah, to be clear - I gave Undeadwood the time because it was “only” 2 hours a week and a 4 episode “miniseries.”

They do it all up, costumes, music, play table has a fully painted miniature Deadwood. They even got a “bartender” just off in background cleaning mugs.

They use Savage Worlds Ruleset and it goes well (although I suspect Khary Payton was misunderstanding the whole wild die things and summing both from what I could make out.)

he was really into the character, spit cup and all. i background listen for time so missed most of the visuals, but enjoyed the bits I saw.

It was really well done, I'm a fan of Critical Role and was interested in this when they announced it, but they blew me away. You could tell Brian (GM) was a tad nervous a few times, and Khary was adding the dice instead of take the better - but the set was amazing. Having the bartender for inspiration and the occasional shot of whiskey was all great! The soundtrack is even up on Amazon done by Jason Charles Miller who is a musician and gamer. He's on Starter Set on Geek and Sundry and Amazon Prime. I've seen an uptick of people wanting to try Deadlands and Savage Worlds on the Crit Role pages.

Undeadwood is great. Watch it.

Undeadwood is really good. Worth watching!

Blog Entries
    I'm about 30 minutes in. Pretty impressive. Does make me wonder how much it is scripted though and what support/incentive Deadlands provided. Prety sure they got their money's worth though.

Dang near as good as any weekly TV show, just set around a gaming table.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, there is definitely some scripting is what I felt as someone who doesn’t watch CR or other playthiughs (did listen to a The Blight Podcast, fun but def not scripted lol)

Although, my understanding is that each character has a very detailed >backstory< so their interactions are very practiced/fluid due to this background. I’ve heard each of their backstories all or in part were avail on CR page (wherever that is) but it wasn’t made clear on the show. I’m glad I didn’t know it ahead of time actually.

The ending was a shocker no spoilers

Thread Information