5E Character Create Playlist

Force a table entry?

My Google Fu has failed me, so I am asking a question that has likely been answered (probably by Zacchaues since s/he is in every way a river to his/her people.) I am running ToA, and am trying to build a wilderness travel table to roll everything needed for each day with a single click. I have table listing all the different regions table i have created:
    mastertable.PNG
    I am hoping to be able to choose an entry from my "master" table to have it roll everything on the specified sub-table.

Example Sub-Table:
    Beachsnip.PNG

Is this possible?

Thanks
    Last edited by Doomed2Fail; November 23rd, 2019 at 04:04. Reason: added screenshots

See the Wiki User Guide on Tables. Specifically the random treasure table example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Treasure_Table
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Maybe a better way to ask the question is if it is possible for the custom die to have a 1d1? If the party is traveling in a Beach area, I want the table to have an output of 1, which will then roll all of my daily rolls for travel on the beach.

Blog Entries
    If a table only has one row, then that row is what will always end up being rolled. (At least I would assume.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have a table with 9 rows. Depending on which area the party is in, i want to call that row if possible.

why have a table with 9 rows then? Why not just make a single story entry or story template entry that links to the correct subtable you want to roll on?
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    Yea, agree with Matt, I think you are approaching things wrong. Use a table or template for each terrain type.

I mean you might be able to enter a fixed value into the modifier box and then roll a 1d0 or a 1d1, but that just seems.... wrong? And more work than it's worth.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Indeed. Your sub table here is really the main table. As you have it the main table will randomly roll an area which is not really what you want. You might want to have a look at story templates which are very good for things like this.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Sorry for taking so long to reply (silly newborn eating my time!)

WOW! Didn't even realize that a Story Template could be used like this. This is exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Thanks all!

Thread Information