DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Solved, to fix it:

1. Go Control Panel/Fonts and uninstall OpenSans fonts (there are from 1 to 6 fonts there), uninstall them all, maybe some are in use and you cant unistall them, go to step 2.
    2. Go to Windows/Fonts, search for OpenSans-xxx.ttf files and delete them all.
    3. Reboot.

If dev team want to replicate the problem, in case they want to solve it, just install the OpenSans fonts and then you wont be able to use those fonts inside Fantasy Grounds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yeah, that works. Nice one.

What were the names of the old fonts?
    Open Sans.

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    Then,
    But why does Corerpg work? Does it use fgf instead of tfg fonts?

So uninstalling the font Will also solve the problem?
    CoreRPG didnt use Open Sans, Call of Cthulhu is using it. The extension I uplpaded overwrite the Open Sans definitions and uses the Candara SDF from CoreRPG.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yeah, that works. Nice one.

What were the names of the old fonts?
    Then,
    But why does Corerpg work? Does it use fgf instead of tfg fonts?

So uninstalling the font Will also solve the problem?
    Solved, to fix it:

1. Go Control Panel/Fonts and uninstall OpenSans fonts (there are from 1 to 6 fonts there), uninstall them all, maybe some are in use and you cant unistall them, go to step 2.
    2. Go to Windows/Fonts, search for OpenSans-xxx.ttf files and delete them all.
    3. Reboot.

If dev team want to replicate the problem, in case they want to solve it, just install the OpenSans fonts and then you wont be able to use those fonts inside Fantasy Grounds.
    Its not 100% that simple - I have Open Sans installed - its just exactly the same version of Open Sans that Ive used in Call of Cthulhu - buy yes - it seems having a different variant of Open Sans - which is a very common font - could cause this...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Open Sans.

CoreRPG didnt use Open Sans, Call of Cthulhu is using it. The extension I uplpaded overwrite the Open Sans definitions and uses the Candara SDF from CoreRPG.
    Are you sure?

<announcement text="CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.9 for Fantasy Grounds\rCopyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC" font="emotefont" icon="rulesetlogo_CoreRPG" />
    Bold font definition:

<font name="reference-b">
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Open_Sans/OpenSans-Bold.ttf" name="Open Sans Bold" size="14" />
    <color value="#000000" />
    </font>
    And your fix replace it with:

<font name="reference-b">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-10.fgf" />
    <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Candara.ttf" name="Candara SDF" size="16" bold="true" />
    <color value="#000000" />
    </font>

Deleting Opensans on my Mac didn't fix the problem. At least I have damned's extension.

Blog Entries
    Are you sure?

Bold font definition:

And your fix replace it with:
    I had a feeling that Open Sans was being introduced for Unity to replace Candara but I didnt have time to check.
    My extension is pretty much cut n paste from 3.3.7 whereas 3.3.9 has a bunch of Unity changes in it including Open Sans replacing Candara.
    The Open Sans versions in 3.3.9 are a different variation than the ones I have used.
    Ill do some more experimentation when I get some time.

The way that FGC uses to generate fonts from TTF files (using Windows OS font system) is different than the way that FGU generates fonts from TTF files (using custom dynamic font generation built for Unity platform).

For FGC, the TTF font is requested to be loaded by Windows, then we ask Windows to open the named font. The problem you are seeing is probably related to the fact that Windows may return a similarly named TTF font, other than the TTF file included in the ruleset. There's no way using the Windows font APIs to override that.

You may need to include a FGF for those fonts to be explicit for FGC, which will be ignored for FGU.

Regards,
    JPG

What was pushed today, the update caused all fonts to be bigger and the whole composition of fonts across the ruleset no longer balanced (but now more readable... )
    Is there a way to revert to the previous and have extension for people who have font issues or?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thanks for fixing the fonts issue (at least, it was fixed for me when I updated today)!

Thread Information