DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Option to Blocking movement on Terrain Walls

Hi there

I was wondering if it could be possible to add something to the terrain walls. The ability to block movement the same way walls do? The difference being you can see the building blocking the vision to the otherside but u can't go through it.

Doable?
    Last edited by Patou; November 21st, 2019 at 19:13.
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

This capability was talked about in at least one other thread.

Currently, the movement limiting in FGU is specifically based on what you can see. (i.e. what you can see defines where you can move.) To implement an independent movement blocker is a completely new piece of functionality that we are not looking at right now. It could be something to look at after release.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; November 22nd, 2019 at 07:37.

Sounds good to me
    Thanks
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

It could be really useful for cliffs or rivers, where you can see onto the other side but won't allow your PC's to "jump into".

The new 'window' option seems to do the trick nicely (and offers a an open/close) to block movement but not sight.

Thought: would there be any way to permit one-way vision, but as a wall instead of a polygon? Example would be putting it at the top of a set of stairs. Anyone at the bottom has vision stop at the top of the stairs, while anyone at the top has an unobstructed view down. Been trying with terrain but it blocks both ways, as does the Illusory wall, so haven't quite figured out a way to dial it without having to switch off the option to make it work.

Edit, misread original post
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I don't know if I'll be able to express myself, but let's try:

It would be possible to make the movements of tokens performed by the host (game master) respect the occlusion, as with the clients (players), this would be a good one during gameplay, and the shift could still be maintained for both host, client to move the tokens around the map without revealing.

Thread Information