FG Spreadshirt Swag

Mod Community Request: Custom Shareable Number Field

This ought to be super simple, but it's not something I have the knowledge base to do myself.

Basic Version:
    • A shareable GM "panel" with nothing but a number-field and an editable title
    • I'd probably tie it, somehow, to the Party panel—for a place to put the hide/show button—but, anywhere's fine

Extras:
    • Ability to add/delete additional such fields to the panel

The point? Basically, I wanted somewhere to keep running track of things like "Plot Points," that I could share with the players as needed. Since I can end up with multiple kinds of Plot Points, it's helpful to have more than one. Could also keep track of things like party-level kill count, or reputation points, etc. Could even use it as a "countdown clock."
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Can't you do it using a Note or a Story entry containing a table?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexos View Post
    Can't you do it using a Note or a Story entry containing a table?
    That's how we have to do it now. I don't like it. Feels clunky. Plus, I'd like to be able to "dress it up" graphically.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

I've been ballparking working on something like this for a while, as while sharing note/story fields is useful - a simple number field might be more useful. I'm holding for a bit until FGU gets more stable because i'd like to get it to work in both.

General premise is a new display item type called simply 'Counters';
    A given counter will have a single number entry field, a name, and an optional, expandable lists of 'thresholds' where if the number is higher or lower than a certain value - it appends a message to it. This way you could have, say...

TALLY [#]
    (If above 35 - 'OVER THRESHOLD')
    (if above 40 - 'OVER THRESHOLD +1 CALAMITY')
    (if above 45 - 'OVER THRESHOLD +2 CALAMITY')
    [etc..]

or

RAD POINTS [#]
    (if < 3 - 'IRRADIATED, 1/2 MOVE')
    [etc...]

Thread Information