DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Recruitment for Bonekeep 1: The Silent Grave (Sub-Tier 3-7, NORMAL, 1XP/2PP, Deadly)

What is the Silent Grave? It may be your own!

If you think you are up for the legendary and notorious challenge of Bonekeep, where you will face danger at every turn, this scenario is the one for you! I don't have a specific time yet, but am happy to run it as soon as we have a party together. It did not run at GENCON, unfortunately.

You can expect encounters that are, at a glance, 30-50% harder than normal and more numerous than a regular PFS scenario (more like a module in that respect). So, if you want to play, you should be an experienced Pathfinder and consider bringing a tough and resourceful character. Pregens are also always welcome - whatever you prefer and/or enjoy.

For parties that complete Part One, I will also run Part Two: Maze to the Mind Slave, and you will be joining others who completed Part 1 last time I ran it.

GM Disclaimer: This scenario is one in which the chance of PC death is significantly higher than a regular PFS scenario. If you sign up, you should be ready to face that risk. As a GM, I'm not out to intentionally kill your PC (other than playing hostiles at their full capability, as normal), but the scenario probably is.

Module Disclaimer, p. 4 Box Text: Welcome to the Ruins of Bonekeep. This is the first of a series of special events designed to test your character to its limits and beyond. The threat of character death is very real in this event, but the potential rewards are greater as a result. You will be able to, as a table, decide to leave the event at any time should it become too deadly for you, except when engaged in combat. If this is not the type of event for you, now is the time to back out.

You are on the clock: Note that you will have no more than 5 hrs. of real time to explore the ruins. At the end of 5 hrs., Ambrus Valsin needs your report and will be there to extract you, whether you have succeeded or failed. So, when you head into the ruins, your pace is going to be critical and all party chit-chat and other delays must be at a minimum if you hope to get as much information as possible for the Society. It is going to be a harrowing race against time and danger! [The clock will start when the briefing begins.]

Recovering from Death: If you are concerned about dying in this scenario, you should make sure that you bring a character that has enough resources to recover from death (and also remove 2 negative levels).

The costs are as follows (see Guide pp. 23 and 26):
    Have your body recovered by a rescue team (if your party leaves you behind): 5PP (or a scenario boon to do it for free, if you have it)
    Raise Dead: 5,450gp or 16PP
    Remove Permanent Negative Level: 1,280gp or 4PP -- x2 Negative Levels = 2,560 or 8PP
    Total (assuming your body is not left behind): 8,010gp or 24PP

Note that you can remove the negative levels over time. The base requirement is, of course, for retrieval (if necessary) and Raise Dead.

Also, note what resources you and/or the party may use (see Guide, p. 24):
    Quote Originally Posted by Guide, p. 24
    Please note that players can (and are encouraged to) share or pool their resources in order to bring a dead party member back to life. They may not, however, pool Prestige Points to do so, even if they’re from the same faction. PCs can also sell off gear, including the dead character’s gear, at 50% of its listed value to raise money to purchase a spell that will return their slain ally from the dead, though they can only do so in a settlement and they cannot sell off any items found during the current scenario that they haven’t purchased. PCs who die during a scenario and are raised receive full XP for that scenario, so long as they completed at least three encounters.
    So, if you'd like to play, please post your interest and availability here.

Depending on sub-tier, you might be able to use a pregen/4 or pregen/7, but only if the other players are OK with going into Bone Keep with pregens vs. leveled PCs.

I can't wait to play! Posted a request in my networks just now. Let's see who else shows up

i would like to participate i have 5 level saranrae cleric ^^

I also would like to join with my level 5 Witch but when will it be played?

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    What days are people available?
    I am free almost every week day but what is your timezone?

Thread Information