DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Ok.. Confused FG & Steam Ultimate License

I have for the last few years, been paying an Ultimate subscription to Smiteworks every month.

My players in a moment of madness, have gifted me an Ultimate Subscription on Steam.

I have tried everything to get my normal installation of FG to recognize this. I have linked and copied the Steam Key (License) over to FG and updated, but nothing seems to change. Do I have to install it in Steam again and copy all my data over? I hope not! Do I need to cancel my Ultimate Subscription for this to work?

Martin
    Last edited by Martin153; December 25th, 2019 at 17:17.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Games - Savage Worlds, 5e, Traveller, RMC (MERP)
    Lover of old school RPG: Traveller, MERP, RMC, Cthuthu

Quote Originally Posted by Martin153 View Post
    I have for the last few years, been paying an Ultimate subscription to Smiteworks every month.

My players in a moment of madness, have gifted me an Ultimate Subscription on Steam.

I have tried everything to get my normal installation of FG to recognize this. I have linked and copied the Steam Key (License) over to FG and updated, but nothing seems to change. Do I have to install it in Steam again and copy all my data over? I hope not! Do I need to cancel my Ultimate Subscription for this to work?

Martin
    You will have received a new license key which you can get by clicking the cog icon at the top right of the Steam page and go to Manage > CD Keys (this assumes that you didn't get an email with the key - which I think you should have done).. Enter that license key into setting sin FG and your username and password. If you bought DLC from Steam then you'll need to sync your store and Steam accounts for that DLC to download (go to Manage in settings). Otherwise FG will install in the same place as previously (unless you didn't install to the default location).

You will want to cancel your subscription at some point but it isn't necessary for the installation of the license.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Note, you don't have to launch Steam to launch FG...
    Ultimate License Holder

Thanks guys... It did install, but I was confused as to what license FG was picking up.. Strangely, as soon as I cancelled my subscription, the FG steam license showed up in my purchases and FG recognises it.. Happy holidays all. I really didn't want Steam to control anything to do with FG, but all good now!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Games - Savage Worlds, 5e, Traveller, RMC (MERP)
    Lover of old school RPG: Traveller, MERP, RMC, Cthuthu

Thread Information