5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Install issue

Blog Entries

Install issue

My Fantasy Grounds folder is empty and there are no .exe there after running web install. Ran as Admin and I have full access to the folder.

Anti-virus is Crowdstrike Falcon. It does not tell me it is doing anything special but maybe it is removing the files?

Windows 10.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

FG Classic or FG Unity install?

Do you have both installed?

Is this the first time you've ran the installer on this computer?

Is it your application directory that is empty? That is, are you missing FantasyGrounds.exe, FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe, etc. ??
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Classic

First time

Folder Is empty.

Data folder has all the data.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Data folder has all the data.
    The data directory will only get populated after the basic install and running the updater. So, how far does the install process actually go?

If it appears to complete all the way through, then maybe you're looking in the wrong directory for the files. Open Windows registry and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Fantasy Grounds. What is the InstallDir entry?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/

Data is the normal appdata roaming place and it is all there.

I can run web install, completes and then fails loading fantasygrounds.exe and the folder is empty.

Delete C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds/ and try again. Make sure you download the web installer from the home page on this site. If that still fails, check the logs of all AV/security apps you have.

Blog Entries
    The Result.jpg

No luck. I don't have access to the AV logs, and IT does not work for me at this place, so I will have to get them to help.

Are you installing on a computer from your work? If so there's a possibility you don't have the rights to install software.

Blog Entries
    I am the CFO. I have admin rights and IT sent someone to uninstall the anti-virus and then reinstall it after I loaded FG. The software is cloud based and cannot be turned off.

Someone from Smiteworks needs to read out to them and get the program whitelisted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirloc View Post
    Are you installing on a computer from your work? If so there's a possibility you don't have the rights to install software.
    True but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I am the CFO. I have admin rights and IT sent someone to uninstall the anti-virus and then reinstall it after I loaded FG. The software is cloud based and cannot be turned off.
    One benefit of a corner office, IT doesn't tell you (often) its against policy

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information