DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

A simple inquiry. How do you use the DM map vrs the regular map for games?

Greetings,

The game system I am using is Pathfinder 2E. In the modules you can find like Age of Ashes, there is a DM map and a regular Player map.

Both map have the encounter pins. Since I am hosting the game and need the players to play on and see the map, why would I use the DM map?

The Player map is information limited (rooms are not numbered) which is fine. Do you DM's use the 'dm' map and how/why?

Blog Entries
    I use both (usually). The dm map I have pretty small, and it's open because of secret doors and traps. Of course, if it has no dm secrets, then i dont use it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I second that! I like having the DM map open because of traps, secret doors, and sometimes labels. Usually rooms will have 1a, 1b 2, 3, ect or actual names. These are all things you don't want players to see.

Thank you. My issue is one of monitor real estate. For the players I use 'their map and have the sheets stacked on the left hand side next to the CT and chat. I would not have much room left for the DM map which is why i was asking.

So the consensus here is that Yes, Larsenex should in fact purchase a really nice 2nd monitor and not mention it to the wife until much later~!

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Lol, I like your solution.

Note, I almost never open a character sheet unless I'm walking a user through setting up an action. I let them take as much ownership as possible. I also often cover the top half of chat and the portraits. But yes, real estate is always a challenge, use the hit bar and close what you dont need.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Put the players map to the background; make the chat box smaller; put the CT above the chat box; link the DM map to a hotkey so you can easily get it when you need it (you don't need it open all the time); you don't need the PC sheets at all but if you do then you can open it from the CT; have your Story/NPC sheet/whatever else on the right.

But a second monitor is the answer really.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I use 4 monitors lol. But I overlap the top half of chat box with Encounters so I can just drag encounters to the ct. You should check Digital DM out aka David he has some excellent videos on managing all the windows on your monitor and how to set it up.

This is very helpful. I was keeping the Char sheets open. I did not think about hotkeying the DM map to bring it up quickly!

Zacc's answer is the correct one. > The LG32GK850G should be on tap. On newegg for 450. I would use it as the primary and my my 1080P monitor my left handed one.

Blog Entries
    Be careful mixing resolutions on different monitors. Can be hard described stretch FG across different resolution monitors

Thread Information