STAR TREK 2d20

PF2 Heritage not working

Pathfinder 2.0 using the Paizo PF2 core rulebook, world guide, etc. When I choose a heritage for my character nothing happens. There's no box that pops up for the heritage ability for a Half-Orc or Half-elf. Doesn't add elf to my trait. Doesn't prompt for additional feats for versatile human or additional skills for skilled human. Any idea when this feature will be working? It prompts me to CHOOSE my heritage, but then apparently does nothing with it. I tried multiple ancestries and none of them did anything once I chose my heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadPhoenix View Post
    Pathfinder 2.0 using the Paizo PF2 core rulebook, world guide, etc. When I choose a heritage for my character nothing happens. There's no box that pops up for the heritage ability for a Half-Orc or Half-elf. Doesn't add elf to my trait. Doesn't prompt for additional feats for versatile human or additional skills for skilled human. Any idea when this feature will be working? It prompts me to CHOOSE my heritage, but then apparently does nothing with it. I tried multiple ancestries and none of them did anything once I chose my heritage.
    The automation for Heritage is not added as of yet. That is something that is planned for the future.

Right now you have to go to the Abilities tab and read the Rules & Abilities entries that pertain to your heritage, and add the heritage extras manually.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

As @Allmight says, these are not automated. And I doubt if they ever will be 100% automated as they can be unique edge cases.

I'll add some text into the chargen tracker log in the next release to remind the user to manually apply the relevant features of the heritage.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

i have a question related to ancestry, but it's more towards customizing your own heritage within your own custom ancestries.
    is it possible that the Heritage option will be added to ancestries in the near future, i want to be able to add custom races and sub-races, but the heritage option isn't in there, just the base ancestry features?
    Last edited by Alex Craft; November 19th, 2019 at 07:35.
    Alioops77

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Craft View Post
    i have a question related to ancestry, but it's more towards customizing your own heritage within your own custom ancestries.
    is it possible that the Heritage option will be added to ancestries in the near future, i want to be able to add custom races and sub-races, but the heritage option isn't in there, just the base ancestry features?
    Click the Heritages button at the top of the Ancestry data list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

doh!...i was looking in the wrong place, was use to 5e's method...ok, i see now. TY

<---Derpa Derp moment
    Last edited by Alex Craft; November 19th, 2019 at 08:44.
    Alioops77

Figured it out. Sorry
    Last edited by Smyttis; September 13th, 2020 at 00:54. Reason: Figured it out
    Thank you and Warmest regards

Would you like to know more?
    "Starship Troopers"

Thread Information