FG Spreadshirt Swag

Creating Homebrew Races for Pathfinder

I was watching a Youtube tutorial video on how to make custom races for Fantasy Grounds. But I noticed it was 5e based and when it came to Pathfinder I got no results. I've got no problem with 5e, but if the group I'm running is using the Pathfinder using 5e system rules won't really do me any good.

Blog Entries
    Hey Xlerb, welcome to the forums.

I haven't tried creating races in PF, but the steps should be pretty similar, or at least that's what I've heard. Where are you running into trouble?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There are very straightforward rules to building your own race in pathfinder
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...ing-new-races/

Is this link what you where looking for or is it anything fantasy grounds specific you need?

I think he means creating races for Pathfinder using the string interpretation provided by Fantasy Grounds.

Unlike 5E, there is no race automation in the 3.5/PF ruleset. You can create modules with individual draggable abilities and so forth (and in fact there was one at one point, not sure if it's still supported), but the ruleset does not support drag/drop of a race as a whole.

There's quite a bit of race addition automation in the PFRPG ruleset. This is all driven from the "Racial Traits" entries in the "Other" tab of the race record. These are all processed when a race is dragged to a PC - performing various modifications to the PC based off the title of the Racial Trait and the text in the description.

For example, adding the Dwarf race from the "PFRPG Basic Rules" module applies the following (reported in the chat window):

Code:
    Race 'Dwarf' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Darkvision' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Defensive Training' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Greed' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Hardy' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Slow and Steady' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Stonecutting' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Attribute Adjustments' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Hatred' added to 'Tester'.
    Language 'Common' added to 'Tester'.
    Language 'Dwarven' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Weapon Familiarity' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Stability' added to 'Tester'.
    Trait 'Medium' added to 'Tester'.
    @Xlerb - your best way to create a new PFRPG race record is to create a copy of an existing one (you can find the base races in the PFRPG Basic Rules FG module) and then edit as required, trying to keep the same/similar wording of the Racial Traits. If you have any specific questions on individual Racial Trait functionality and text format then please come back with examples and we'll try to help.

Note: to make a copy of an existing FG record, open the "Races" data list window from the FG sidebar (not from the library) and drag/drop the link next to the race name - just drag it a short way so you're dropping within the Races window - this will create a copy in the campaign data that you can unlock and edit.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I stand corrected! I had no idea that functionality existed.

I don't see any other modules that do this for races though, unfortunate. Nickademus apparently didn't get the memo either ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I stand corrected! I had no idea that functionality existed.
    It's been available in the ruleset for a while, as it was originally part of the data in the commercial Core Rules product. However, it was only relatively recently that the basic rules OGL module was updated to contain similar info. So if you weren't using the products that contained the dragable data you wouldn't be aware of it.

@Xlerb - other examples of races you could use as the base for your custom race is available in this community created module: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Advanced-Races
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information